GUE fundamentals in High Springs with Jason Wright and Mark Messersmith

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gillty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello All,

Mark and I will be conducting a fundamentals class September 1-4 in High Springs, FL. I will be teaching the class as part of the GUE instructor evaluation process. We just had a student drop out and we are looking to find someone else to fill in their spot. If you have any interest, please shoot me a private message and I'll be happy to discuss course fees, requirements, and answer any other questions you might have regarding the course.

Thanks for the interest,

Jason Wright

Thanks AJ! I was lucky enough to get to do my initial fundies training and Cave 2 class with Mark. He teaches a great class.

@Gillty
I see you are from "Watauga, Texas". Does it mean that after you will pass your evaluation process, we will have GUE instructor in Dallas area ?
My dream is to upgrade "rec" pass to "tech" and think about next step (not cave for sure).
Last time when GUE instructor was in Dallas area I was out of country.

@Gillty
I see you are from "Watauga, Texas". Does it mean that after you will pass your evaluation process, we will have GUE instructor in Dallas area ?
My dream is to upgrade "rec" pass to "tech" and think about next step (not cave for sure).
Last time when GUE instructor was in Dallas area I was out of country.

Roman,

Yes sir, that is exactly what it means!

Jason is my GUE mentor and mentor to a lot of divers in the DFW/OK area and we are working hard to secure a second student for his IE class. While I do not intend to hijack this thread, we have formed an official GUE affiliate group in the South Central Region and currently have over 40 members. Admittedly, I just "announced" this group, but we will be making a formal announcement soon once we get our non-profit fully setup. Exciting times are coming for divers in our region.

Anyway, thread hijack off, let's find someone to step in for Jason's IE!

Hello Roman,

Cyprian is correct. After I complete the instructor training process, I hope to be running several classes a year in the DFW area, a few in the OKC area, and there is also a possibility of conducting an occasional class in Western Arkansas or Eastern Oklahoma. My current line of thinking is that most of these classes will be run as a split weekend format where we meet Friday night, all day Sat and Sun for two weekends in a row.

For now however, you are more than welcome to come dive with us for fun and/or one of our skills practice dives out at Clear Springs or other dive outings.

Best Regards,

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom