DIR- GUE GUE Drysuit primer part 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh man, my first few dives in a drysuit were miserable. I wanted to set the damn thing on fire. 100+ dry dives later, it's my most valued piece of gear. When it clicks, and it will, you'll never want to dive wet again.
Its too hot here in south florida for me to practice in my drysuit so im waiting for it to cool off to get back in. I know i just have to put in the time and itll click just right like you said

Oh man, my first few dives in a drysuit were miserable. I wanted to set the damn thing on fire. 100+ dry dives later, it's my most valued piece of gear. When it clicks, and it will, you'll never want to dive wet again.
+1

Its too hot here in south florida for me to practice in my drysuit so im waiting for it to cool off to get back in. I know i just have to put in the time and itll click just right like you said

It's not bad if you stick to springs and lakes with thermoclines. The trick is to set up your gear, get everything ready to dive, then quickly get in the suit and get wet. Once the suit is wet, evaporative cooling will keep you comfortable long enough to get in your gear and back to the water. I cave dive every weekend and use my drysuit when it's 90+ and sunny. You just have to be smart about how you kit up.

GUE has a drysuit class? I thought if you didn't own a DUI with a WKPP 25 years patch glued on they didn't even let you in the club!!!!!

Drysuits are awesome. They'll literally change the way you dive. And they also make casual conversation about gluing things onto your private bits completely acceptable to talk about in public.

If I can't dive in board shorts and a rash guard, I'm in a drysuit. It takes a little bit to get comfortable, but like anything else, once you spend some time in it it becomes second nature.

GUE has a drysuit class? I thought if you didn't own a DUI with a WKPP 25 years patch glued on they didn't even let you in the club!!!!!

Drysuits are awesome. They'll literally change the way you dive. And they also make casual conversation about gluing things onto your private bits completely acceptable to talk about in public.

If I can't dive in board shorts and a rash guard, I'm in a drysuit. It takes a little bit to get comfortable, but like anything else, once you spend some time in it it becomes second nature.
Red TLS350 drysuit gets you in to be exact :wink:

that patch maybe excludes you from the club...

I was lucky and had my drysuit before starting fundies. As said earlier: "The most valuable pice of equipment I have"
Doesn't matter where I dive, just choose the appropriate underlayer(s) and in we go

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom