GUE Courses Jan/Feb 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TJO

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
JUE conducted the following GUE courses Jan/Feb: one DIR-F, one TriOx and two Tech 1 courses.

Congratulations to everyone and thanks for making these courses so great!

Your welcome, thanks for being such a good buddy, and the others things you did for me I mean to me.

How was the Tech 1 course? I did the DIR/F last year and want to take the tech 1 course later this year sometime. What were some of the biggest lessons? What would you have done to prepare better for the course?

Hey Eric
Welcome to the board...Are you from the goatdogs forum? I think I might remember your name.

Reel work is a big part of the course. Good idea to get some basics and practice on land ahead of time. Handling undewater problems is important, but hard to practice for. Following a line with no mask is interesting. Teams skills go to a new level.

Holding deco stops and having good timing for your ascents will be paramount. I would also practice a lot of simulated deco from 21 meters on up...If you have access to a stage bottle, carrying, deploying and manipulating the stage would be good practice as well.

Best of luck...

Be careful not to learn anything the 'wrong way' so that you have to 'unlearn' before learning. I would concentrate on diving doubles, become more aware of what is happening around you, buddy awareness, and mastering the basic skills. Have fun and don't practice to death!

jagfish:
Yeah, those courses rocked.

Hope we can get this, or another, Richard over here again in the near future...

You know the goals for this year Jim... There are many many courses planned. Lot's of fun to come. // Thomas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom