GUE conference at Underwater Unlimited in Coral Gables Fl, 03/10/2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pat,

Are you a representative of Silent World? I've been looking for a good boat in the keys and have avoided going to that area because of stories I've heard about some operations.

I looked at the Silent World webpage and it leaves me with a lot of questions. Not the least of which is that the "dive sites" listed don't offer a single dive out of recreational diving range.

Perrone-

I am the lead instructor and getting ready to do fundies myself with Mark. I am going to ask Chris to answer this since he is far more versed with our DIR/Tech dives.

I can tell you we held a "DIR Day" a couple weeks ago and had a wonderful turnout and some wonderful dives.

Pat

Thank you for your reply. I got to meet Mark about a month ago, and he seems like a very nice gentleman. A friend of mine is doing a class with him in a couple of weeks. Maybe you'll be in the same class.

It's heartwarming to hear that there is an operation in the keys that will be (is) DIR friendly. That might certainly open up the option for me to pursue the keys as a diving destination in the future.

Thank you.

That's great that we are finally getting "DIR Friendly" places... It is a pain planning dive trips when you get silence when you ask about things that are important to you and your team.... Then also you can go to these destinations to take classes if there isn't anything locally.

PerroneFord:
Pat,

Are you a representative of Silent World? I've been looking for a good boat in the keys and have avoided going to that area because of stories I've heard about some operations.

I looked at the Silent World webpage and it leaves me with a lot of questions. Not the least of which is that the "dive sites" listed don't offer a single dive out of recreational diving range.

Hi,

We have 2 custom dive boats, max 14 passengers each running twice a day to the wrecks and reefs in Key Largo. We offer technical charters as well as recreational, based purely on demand. Typically deco / extended range dives are conducted either on the artificial reefs (Duane, Bibb, Spiegel & Eagle) or on the Northern Light (our local deep dive). We also have the Wilkes-Barre and Queen of Nassau, which are a bit further out for those who dont mind spending time on the boat. For those who like reefs, there is a 100ft wall/drop off at the Elbow reef and another at Carysfort reef in the North.

We hold DIR days roughly once a month, where we will dedicate 1 or 2 boats exclusively to DIR divers. Schedule is whatever the majority want to do - weather permitting. email me at info@silentworldkeylargo if you would like to be added to our Tech mailing list. No spam - just emails from me letting everyone know what we are up to.

O2 and He available, as is a full complement of Halcyon rental gear. Stage fills up to 100% no problem.

We have a full schedule of GUE courses available throughout the year and also offer hotel accommodation at reduced rates.

Check out our tech pages at http://www.silentworldkeylargo.com/tech.html

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for the info Chris. It is nice to see a place with DIR rental equipment.

Chris, thank you for your reply. PM coming your way.

What a fun dive on the Speigle Grove! It was great hanging around the shop and all of the great diveres.

I would like to introduce Gary from Underwater Unlimited... Here he is:

Hi Pete,

Just a quick note everyone had a blast at our Tech Dive Miami 07. You and Greg from Scuba Radio were fantastic. Jarrod, Casey, David and Todd from GUE were on hand and gave incredible presentations, Ken from Halcyon was also at the event to answer questions and help customers get fitted in back plates and wings systems. Naturally everyone enjoyed the dive Sunday at Atlantis dive center in Key Largo. Today just one day after the event we have been inundated with calls asking when we are doing the next one?

Thanks again your the best

Chris at Silent World:
We also have the Wilkes-Barre and Queen of Nassau, which are a bit further out for those who dont mind spending time on the boat.

The WILKES would be a 3+ hour run (one-way) to get there...
Will you run to the VITRIC (much closer)? What are the parameters to charter your boat (day rate, etc.); if you could send me a PM that would be great...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom