Guam Hotel: needed from 6am to 7pm on the same day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Layla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi

I have a 16 hour lay over in Guam in a couple of weeks [four flights to get home from Chuuk]

I land at approx 6am and depart approx 9pm ... 16 hours

Is there a hotel that would allow me to stay for approx that period of time
or do I need two nights at a hotel rooms

I've spent a couple of 10 hour lay overs in 'posh' airport lounges
but, I don't think Guam has a Continental lounge? didn't see anything on the Guam airport website

I figure I'll ask here first before I start calling round hotels

Thanks

Layla

I don't think Guam has a Continental lounge? didn't see anything on the Guam airport website

There is a President's Club at Guam airport. It's open from like 1am until 7:30pm. Not exactly posh. I've slept on their couches though.

That said, 16hrs is a L-O-N-G time to spend in a President's club, much less this one. Plus, you can see all of the Guam airport in about 10min.

I'd take a taxi somewhere for a few hours and hang out. Can't see spending money on a hotel when you really just need to hang in their lobby and eat in their restaurant.

Im curious, you say your coming (or going?) from Chuuk. Ive done the Guam - Chuuk flight quite often. It departs Guam around 7 am arrives Chuuk about 9am. Coming back you leave Chuuk about 3pm and get to Guam about 5pm.

Unless this is a private charter, are you sure your times are correct? I only ask because maybe your am/pm is switched?

The hotels located in Tumon are going to be your best bet.
Here are a few to try searching:
Pacific Islands Club, (P.I.C.)
Ohana Bay View
Sheraton
Hilton
Guam Reef Hotel
Westin

There are plenty of them, I'm really not sure what they charge for a day rate. All of these are close to the airport. Everything is close to the airport here. ;-)

I'm not sure about getting a room for a single day rate. Tourism has been slow here, so most of these hotels would probably give you a single day rate.

I agree, double check your times. That's a long layover.

-Mitch

Im curious, you say your coming (or going?) from Chuuk. Ive done the Guam - Chuuk flight quite often. It departs Guam around 7 am arrives Chuuk about 9am. Coming back you leave Chuuk about 3pm and get to Guam about 5pm.

Unless this is a private charter, are you sure your times are correct? I only ask because maybe your am/pm is switched?

The Monday TKK-GUM flight leaves at like 2:30am or so and arrives in Guam around 4:00am if memory serves.

Hey ... thanks everyone

Yes, in my previous two trip my journey HOME from Chuuk has been the Tuesday 3pm flight

This time I have to leave on the Monday 2.30am
which lands in Guam at 4.55am and I leave Guam at 8.55pm

So, I know Guam airport very well, but never saw a desent lounge other than gate 10 where you get wifi
I could NOT sit in the restuarant area for long ... it wasn't nice

I'll try to get a day hotel, because I need to work that day so I need wifi, but I need to be comfortable

If the hotel is too expensive, I'll take the Continental lounge

My longest stop overs have been a few 9 1/2 hours, where I pay a few dollars to get into the lounge
but 16 hours ... I'm going to struggle to stay in Guam airport

Thanks for your help :eek:)

Hi, my first post here. I have just got back from Guam, Chuuk and Palau and had a day room in at the Ohana Bayview Guam. Nice dark blackout curtains and comfortable beds. Like you I did not get in until very early in the morning. Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom