Guadalupe White Sharks With Nautilus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A selfie with the Great White :p

xDan & Jaws.JPG

I booked a trip with them in 2019 for the end of July 2020 which was cancelled. I rebooked for July 2021 at the time but I voluntarily cancelled it in January due to the Canadian border closure and the uncertainty and logistic nightmare for US/Mex land crossing and transit/return flight covid testing.
Now I regret I cancelled it lol
I guess I will try again in a few years.

I booked a trip with them in 2019 for the end of July 2020 which was cancelled. I rebooked for July 2021 at the time but I voluntarily cancelled it in January due to the Canadian border closure and the uncertainty and logistic nightmare for US/Mex land crossing and transit/return flight covid testing.
Now I regret I cancelled it lol
I guess I will try again in a few years.
My August 11-16, 2021 trip was a rescheduled trip from July, 2020 also.

FYI:
Going to Ensenada was only 4 people on a 10-seat van since people were coming at different time of the day depending upon their flight arrival time. The pickup schedule was at 3 different locations in San Diego (Starbucks Liberty Station, Four Points Hotel & Ocean Enterprises) and at four different time, noon, 2pm, 4pm, and 7pm.

Going back to San Diego was on 60-seat Greyhound bus because 27 of us were leaving together to San Diego from Ensenada at 4pm.

We were all in Covid free bubble for 6 days on the boat. So, I was not worried about contracting the virus and I had been fully vaccinated in April.

The van has 10 seats with 4 of us & the driver. The Greyhound bus has 60 seats for 27 of us. So we had plenty of space to spread out in both vehicles.

Make sure you read everything written in The Nautilus “Know Before You Go” PDF so you won’t get “surprises & disappointments” like I did during pickup time and scrabbling in how to use up the $110 credit that they will give you for reimbursing the roundtrip (San Diego-Ensenada) ground transportation cost, that you have to pay at the Hotel Coral. I would have loaded up myself with their cocktails, wines & beers every night, had I known that I would have $110 credit, instead of ending up spending the credit on left over T-shirt, Jacket & Sweater LOL :p

https://d1qf26eatmkhar.cloudfront.n...2021/07/2021-07-23-Guadalupe-Pre-trip_Web.pdf

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom