Group Therapy-

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi my name is Andrew and I am addicted to diving. It all started with a TV show called Cousteau and after getting my certification it has been all down hill.

We all have this nasty, expensive, time consuming, and evil addiction called SCUBA.
It does not matter if you are open water or a tech diver we all suffer manifestations of guilt, desire, nervousness, jitters, and anger if we don’t dive.
Every weekend I suggest to my girlfriend and dive buddy- let’s go diving.

These intervals are spaced out with visits to the dive shop, making odds and end for my gear, working on gear, searching for new lakes and in general sharing with friends my concerns of not getting wet.

Like I mentioned it reminds me of Group Therapy.

In closing- I am thinking of Cozumel, warm bluish water, and drifting along the reef.
How does that make me feel>>>? Well, someone else can answer that.

Pedro- BEER!
Andrew
(PS- Add whatever you are feeling or would like to share.
This thread was started after reading the comments on measuring
underwater distance. 10ft vis anyone.?)

Hello my name is Alan,,,I am a Scubaholic. The show, Sea Hunt is to blame for my condition!

I statisfy this grip on my life and soul by simply diving year around. I dive when it is warm-hot-cool-cold-clear-cloudy-windy outside. I travel short and long distances,,,,,I dive and even find enjoyment in water not clear and without great vis,,,,I find it challanging those black water and low vis dives. I do though enjoy those better vis waters too,,, blue/green/brown in tone. Lets see,,,I am so addicted I am traveling 940 miles/14 hours north next weekend to sink under a field of ice in waters 36f to pleasure my need for diving.

Thank you... my name is Alan

I thought you only went to therapy if you want to get better???!!! I don't want to get better.....I EMBRACE MY ILLNESS!!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go snort some 36 proof o2.

ffestpirate:
I thought you only went to therapy if you want to get better???!!! I don't want to get better.....I EMBRACE MY ILLNESS!!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go snort some 36 proof o2.
:rofl: I love it. Thank you all for sharing. It is inspiring to at least one newbie.

Let's see. I drove over 500 miles last weekend to get 4 dives in three different lakes with 3 different dive buddies, none of which I had met except online. None of the dives was spectacular, but meeting the new buddies in person and being able to get a dive in with them was very satisfying. Thanks to all of you. My wife will testify that it was very therapeutic for me.

Willie

ROFL ! ! ! ! LOL ! ! ! You guys crack me up! ! !
As for therapy, I am addicted to diving and I happen to like it. I don't want to go to therapy nor do I want to get "better" -- okay, maybe I want to get better at diving profieciency.

I'll see you guys underwater soon ! ! !
John

richerso:
I am addicted to diving and I happen to like it. I don't want to go to therapy
You mean I messed up again? I thought the diving was the therapy!

Willie

Hi, I'm Dennis and I'm addicted to diving. It started out small, a pool now and then. Then it was lakes and one day... the ocean. And I have, uh, finally taken the last step...I'm MOF.........

Cool, we got a Scubaholic anonymous group, count me in :) I too love to dive where the water is around 50 or so degress and the viz is less than 10' :D
Enrique

Ha ! ...... :pity_part Listen to you people....

Me... I'm not addicted, No way !. I'm strong willed and I can quite any time I want !!!

Ya'll act as if somebody is chasing after you and making you go dive :maniac:
It's as if the sport just reaches out and grabs you or something...:redbite:
Addiction sure does not sound like much of a life to me :toilet
I bet you grind your teeth at night and wear a snorkel instead of a Doctor's Mouth Guard don't you ???:snorkel:

Ha... Not Me... Hell no I'm not hooked :shocked:

By the way... I hear the 48 degree water is really not going to be all that bad tomorrow and you should come join Us...

Please ... Oh come on , PLEASE>>>>...... don't make me suffer like this !!!

Timeliner:
I hear the 48 degree water is really not going to be all that bad tomorrow and you should come join Us...

Please ... Oh come on , PLEASE>>>>...... don't make me suffer like this !!!
Well, Frank, how about a trip report? I was at a family reunion at Possum Kingdom Lake. I will try to make it next time. And belated HB!

Willie

Back
Top Bottom