Ground transportation from MIA to Key Largo.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbm,
You will be money and time ahead to rent a car than for you to try to arrange other transportation to Key Largo. It's easy to get from MIA to Key Largo. :palmtree: Bob

Bob:
jbm,
You will be money and time ahead to rent a car than for you to try to arrange other transportation to Key Largo. It's easy to get from MIA to Key Largo. :palmtree: Bob

I agree. It's an easy 1hr drive from Miami to Key Largo. Daily car rental rates are around $25/day. How long is he planning on being in Key Largo ?

Thanks for all the replies. Great links Marc. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Looks like I can drop a rental in Key Largo without a drop off charge, so that is the route I am likely to take.

Thanks Don for the information on motels.

jbm

I believe the Marathon airport halted regular air service a few years back... at least as recently as 2002. They still had charter flights of course, but very expensive.

I dove with Slate's once last summer. It is about the 106mm, you will see an "A-frame" building, turn there and will go on a dirt access road for a little bit until you get to the street they are on. It is on the OCEAN side, right before the road makes the turn northbound towards Florida City.

If you are looking for an inexpensive "mom & pop" type place to stay, try Ed & Ellen's. They are at the 103 mm so they are close to Slate's. Go to www.edandellens.com for more info. I have stayed there 4 or 5 times. Nothing fancy, but hey you are just sleeping there, right?

I think you'll have to rent a car if your buddies won't pick you up. Nearest airport is in Marathon at 50 mm, which is further then Miami.

I did 2 dives on Spiegel in Feb of 2004. Awesome wreck with lots of fish. You'll enjoy it if the current isn't ripping!

Mike

I recommend the Rock Reef Resort at MM98 in Key Largo. We have stayed there several times and enjoy it. You can rent rooms with a kitchenette if you like. Check them out @ www.rockreefresort.com Tell Linda that Bob sent ya. :palmtree: Bob

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom