Grisbi Dive Knive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found a pic in a 1965 "Spiro" cat. just to help your search. SPIRO GRISBI.JPG

I have a nice one, but, sorry, cannot sell it. It was my first dive knife and was a present for my birthday from my sisters. It was always very dull which was probably a good thing for a kid 13 years old and having a knife a foot long. U.S. Divers had these in their catalogs as a budget alternative to the Sea Hawk. My (older) buddy Rex had a Sea Hawk, I was jealous of it so now I have three Hawks but the Grisbi holds a special place of honor among my dive gear.

N

I have one packed away with the rest of my knives. I think mine is mint with a scabard as pictured..

As I recall it was imported by at least one maybe two US companies but because of it's unique shape never was a popular US item.

If serious make a best offer and I might part with it.

SDM

---------- Post added December 8th, 2012 at 08:34 AM ----------

I have a nice one, but, sorry, cannot sell it. It was my first dive knife and was a present for my birthday from my sisters. It was always very dull which was probably a good thing for a kid 13 years old and having a knife a foot long. U.S. Divers had these in their catalogs as a budget alternative to the Sea Hawk. My (older) buddy Rex had a Sea Hawk, I was jealous of it so now I have three Hawks but the Grisbi holds a special place of honor among my dive gear.

N
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nem

Save me some time looking this up in US Divers catalog...What year (s)

I also think Sea Tec Inflatable systems may have also imported the Grisby knife.

Do you have both Sea Hawks? The first US version was made by Newport divers, then in Japan..

SDM

I have one packed away with the rest of my knives. I think mine is mint with a scabard as pictured..

As I recall it was imported by at least one maybe two US companies but because of it's unique shape never was a popular US item.

If serious make a best offer and I might part with it.

SDM

---------- Post added December 8th, 2012 at 08:34 AM ----------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nem

Save me some time looking this up in US Divers catalog...What year (s)

I also think Sea Tec Inflatable systems may have also imported the Grisby knife.

Do you have both Sea Hawks? The first US version was made by Newport divers, then in Japan..

SDM

Should be the 66 to 70 era catalogs. Pretty sure it was a catalog item Sam, but I could be confused. Try 1968.

N

Found them...1968

Item B
Grisby knife part number 4228...$11.95

(Item C
Master knife part number 4226...$10.95)

(Item D
Nordic knife part number 4227...$7.95)

SDM

Dr. Miller , I wait you for your Grisbi.. still you are on holiday ?
one for sale on ebay, but he do not sell outside of USA..
people are not able to understand.. the most vintage equipments sale outside of USA ..foreign countries collectors are paying more money than the USA..last month I bought a vintage regulator 750 dollars in ebay (pay pal) ..
he donn't trust to sending a knife to me in ebay :((

Trapezus,
(That name is Greek name of a muscle -- are you in healthcare?)

Yes I have returned and I have the knife in front of me...As I had previously stated it is not mint condition. It does show some minor wear, the blade shows some marks where an attempt was made to sharpen it, however the marks could possibly be buffed away.

The sheath is in good condition, but demonstrates some small scratches. One leg strap is missing as is the rubber piece at the top that secures the knife to the sheath.

Over all I would classify the knife and sheath in good condition.

I have no problem with PayPal and certainly no problem with shipping it to Turkey via the US Mail International shipping box, which is about $10.00 US.

It was never a popular knife in the US therefore are rather rare in the US collectors market. It would give me great satisfaction to sell it to you and know that it would be treasured and shared with other Turkish collectors of vintage equipment.

Still interested? Send a PM and we can work out the details
SDM

Hello Sam you might want to recheck that shipping quote. International shipping has gone through the roof in the last few weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom