Grey Rocks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

creamofwheat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, how do I get to the site called Grey Rocks? I want to check out a new site. :)

Anybody dove here? What's it like?

I know that folks for IDC have crabbing dives there (license required) and I _think_ it's out in Bedwell bay.

Edit: I should be back in there Wed (already stopped today and got tanks for tomorrow), I'll try to remember to ask and post up where it is.

It's between the Second Narrows bridge and Deep Cove. There's a small park there (I think it was called Strathcona Park). I don't remember the name of the road. I used to take the bus there and go snorkelling fairly often. The channel between shore and the rocks is shallow and sandy. There is a bit of a wall on the far side of the rocks. My ears were never good enough to freedive down farther than about 20 feet, but it goes down much farther than that. There was usually a noticeable current.

Swankenstein is correct. I have never been but have heard there is life and anenomes. Don't go to the far side of the island as there wil be current for sure. stay on theprotected side closest to shore. The road is called Strathcona. Turn right just past the Raven pub and follow the road. You'll see the park. You can also access from a small parking lot and a wharf just before the park.
have a good one and be sure to post up on what you find.
Les

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom