Grenadines, May or June 2016, Small Group Yacht Charter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am a novice diver and am trying to put together a small group for the purpose of a one-week to ten-days dive trip to the Grenadine Islands of the southern Caribbean. The target date is May or June 2016.

The plan is to charter a small sailing yacht, preferably one with at least some onboard dive capability. The principal yacht under consideration at the moment is the S/V Imagination IMAGINATION Yacht Charters, a catamaran that can hold a maximum of 6 guests. She is fully crewed, and her captain is a dive instructor. Other yachts are also available, including (in May only) the traditional hand-built Caribbean schooner Jambalaya Caribbean Sailing Vacation—Traditional Schooner—Crewed Yacht Charter in the Grenadines.

Any additional dive support required would be pre-arranged as rendezvous diving through either Canouan Dive Center (Canuoan) or Jean-Michel Cousteau Dive Center (Petit St Vincent).

The dive itinerary will be flexible but will likely include Bequia, Mustique, Canuoan, the Tobago Cays, Mayreau Water Gardens, and Petit St Vincent. We would also spend a non-dive day at the picturesque Chatham Bay on Union Island.

In addition to diving, the Grenadines also offer an opportunity to experience Caribbean life on tiny undeveloped islands with few tourists, no cruise ships, and no mega resort hotels.

Because there are few yachts available in the area in June, and they all book up well in advance, a firm financial commitment must be made by the end of 2015. Rates for the yachts are "by the boat," so the per person rate will depend on the number of participants, but I am hoping to keep it under $2500 per person (excluding airfare).

If it matters, I am a 57-year-old never-married (gay) retired history professor and publishing company owner and will be traveling solo. I grew up in the USVIs in the 1960s and 1970s. I have basic PADI OW certification and most of my diving has been in the Grenadines and French Polynesia.

Full and extensive details available to anyone who might be interested in this sail-and-dive combo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom