Grenada and Carriacou??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love Granada x2 and very much enjoyed Carriacou. What info do you seek?

Aquanauts are one of the best dive outfits that I've ever been diving with anywhere in the world. I also enjoy staying at True Blue Bay for the convenience of diving with them but there are much better beachy locations elsewhere. My last visit was divided between True Blue Bay and a place on Mourne Rouge. Most folks like to stay by or on Grand Anse but I thought Mourne Rouge couldn't have been better as it sometimes felt like we were in a much more peaceful place and practically had the beach to ourselves.

What are you thinking about Carriacou? I dove with Deefer Diving and happily recommend them as well.

My wife and I went diving with Phil and the gang at Dive Grenada. Small boat, catered to the divers. Great people. We stayed at the Hotel Flamboyant across the street. If we go back to Grenada we'll repeat the experience.

I had great experience diving with Native Spirit Scuba at the Radisson hotel on Grand Anse. We were there in July, but my daughter and I were the only divers on the boat most days.

Thanks all!! Actually, I have tentatively booked at True Blue for 5 nights and looking at a place in Carriacou for another 4 nights after that- the place I am considering in Carriacou would be closer to Lumbadive- any info on them? An acquaintance loved Deefer Dive too but I can't seem to find a place I would like to stay nearer them- where has anyone stayed on Carriacou and would you recommend it? Need AC.
Chillyincanada- I know there is no beach at True Blue but I still think we would like it- will rent a car and explore- we live near some gorgeous beaches so I think I would rather be some place not as busy as Grand Anse- where did you stay on Mourne Rouge? did you dive them and with who?
Thanks again for replies and I would love to hear more - any advice or tips greatly appreciated.

Oh gosh, check out Kalinago Beach Resort at Mourne Rouge. I think you will like it just fine.

I still dove with Aquanauts. They picked me up in the parking area and drove me to their other location on Grand Anse. Had to wade through a bit of water to board but wasn't bad at all. Just not as convenient as boarding from the dock at True Blue.

Yes, I believe you will enjoy True Blue. I do quite like it there but since I do not live near any beautiful beaches, that one part was disappointing for me.

Looking at a map of the dive sites, it looks like most sites are cluttered around the southwest point. My wife gets seasick easily, so short and smooth boat rides are important for us. Would you say the boat rides are generally smoother diving from the Grand Anse area or from the True Blue side?

I don't get seasick and can't say one way or the other. I have no particular recollection of bad rides though I do recall some bad weather and strong currents.

I had great experience diving with Native Spirit Scuba at the Radisson hotel on Grand Anse. We were there in July, but my daughter and I were the only divers on the boat most days.

I dove with them as well, but I wouldn't recommend it for experienced divers. You're pretty much stuck with their dive guide and you dive the profile they want you to, generally it was ~45 min max per dive. They're also a bit lax on requirements for qualifications: my buddy was allowed to dive the Bianca C with them... I think he hit 156 ft iirc.. with just an OW cert and a single tank (despite them advertising you needed AOW at a minimum to dive that site), he had 2 minutes of air left per his computer when he reached the front of the wreck... thankfully the ascent started immediately so his ATR kept going up from there.

Nice people, but not the kind of place I'd prefer to dive with. I want to dive my air if possible (well, and my buddies), not some time limit they set. I'd also prefer if they were a bit more sticklers to ensuring people aren't doing dives that are way beyond their training and experience levels (buddy had less than 20 dives before that trip for reference).

For the OP:
Snorkel the sculpture park, it isn't worth wasting a dive on it. Hit the wrecks you're comfortable going to. Lots of nice wrecks in the area, and the reefs are in pretty decent shape (at least the ones I saw were). Not Cozumel or other great reefs worthy, but still healthy with a decent-to-good amount of life for the Caribbean.

How is the shore diving near True Blue Bay resort? Ill be there in Sept and want to supplement the boat dives with shore dives.

Back
Top Bottom