Greetings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivrBikr

Registered
Reaction score
Melbourne Beach, FL (still from Colorado!)
# of dives
100 - 199
Just recently found this website and forum. I live in the COSprings area and would like to know about your organization.
I am recently certified AOW diver with very few dives. (Just being honest...) I received my training in HI within the last 6 months.
Thanks in advance

TJ

WELCOME Divrbkr;
This is a great place to gain, or share info on diving. Equipt., destinations, certifications, experiences. Feel free to share your experiences.
Even if you are a newbie, your experiences count! Good/bad they count! sharing is a great way to gain new knowlege.

Welcome aboard. Asking about our organization implies we are organized, but we really aren&#8217;t. By posting here and stating that you live in our area, you are automatically a member. <congratulations>

If you watch this forum, you&#8217;ll notice occasional get-togethers, often at Blue Hole.

In 2005, boulderjohn, seeing there was no regional forum for us, started a thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/rocky-mountain-oysters/84445-rocky-mountain-diving.html
that led to where we are now. RonFrank provided the name (Rocky Mountain Oysters), and ABQdiver the motto (Divers with Altitude).

Hello and welcome. There are quite alot of divers from CO. Have you done any local diving yet?

Welcome aboard. Asking about our organization implies we are organized, but we really aren&#8217;t. By posting here and stating that you live in our area, you are automatically a member. <congratulations>

If you watch this forum, you&#8217;ll notice occasional get-togethers, often at Blue Hole.

In 2005, boulderjohn, seeing there was no regional forum for us, started a thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/rocky-mountain-oysters/84445-rocky-mountain-diving.html
that led to where we are now. RonFrank provided the name (Rocky Mountain Oysters), and ABQdiver the motto (Divers with Altitude).
Thank you to all that replied.
A brief history: I live in Woodland Park, CO. I kind of "pushed" my instructor to assist me in obtaining my AOW cert as I was on limited time in HI. Don't know if anyone knows Drew Wheeler, but he was my instructor over there.
At this time, I have done no local diving, but am looking forward to any diving I can do. My family is not certified (yet). If I can get my youngest interested, she would probably do her OW dives at the Blue Hole. The wife is thinking about it too. (she's seen the pictures.......... :) )
I look foward to sharing info and hopefully getting answers to questions.
Hope all are well!

TJ

Welcome TJ,

There is a wealth of knowledge and experience in this area. There is a "core group" that often goes to Blue Hole for diving and socializing. I think the 3rd weekend (Sunday if you are more local to the hole) is the target date each month. There are some from Denver and Colo Spgs (me :D) that try to make it and meet up with the New Mexico group and even one or two from Texas :wink:.

I just attended an organizational meeting for a new (an only to my knowledge) dive club in Colo Spgs. The next (first official) meeting is Wed the 28th. Subsequent meetings are the last Wed of the month. We meet at Diver's Reef at the SE intersection of I-25 and Garden of the Gods road. I only know a couple (that's where I'm taking my Rescue Diver class) but they seem like a fine group. Most are interested in the Mountain Lakes (Turquoise Lake, Twin Lakes, Blue Mesa) and camping while diving them for local diving. They also want to plan dive vacations, (both flying and road trips, like to the mines/caverns in Missouri - they have two 15 passenger vans we can use). They also have a technical group that dives at Rock Lake (a very deep lake near Blue Hole). Of course, there will be a summer picnic and a winter holiday party for socializing. Possibly some dinner meetings. Possibly some other non-diving trips (hiking, climbing, snow skiing). Not all this is firm, these were just ideas that were thrown out at the organization meeting. Send me a PM if you would like more info on this club.

Other than that, just check out the forum here periodically, most of us announce our desires to go to a location on a date, with an open invitation (sometimes a plea) for someone(s) to join them. Feel free to ask questions or seek advice, but beware, there are probably as many opinions as members :rofl3:

Oh, if you haven't already done so, add your name to the "sticky thread" call RMO Roll Call.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom