Greetings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You'll have a great time here.I'm the travelling New Zealand representative here writing in from Korea.
Dennis....I'm sorry mate...I just can't help it.There's something decidedly strange about a place called 'Melbourne'
in Florida.It's just not natural.Especially with such a big Melbourne in Oz.Lol.I hope you guys speak with an aussie accent cobber....Growse!
Cheers Big Ears,
The one and only

Ow, Gasman, your Oz accent is TERRIBLE... have to say I've missed you on the boards the last few days while you've been getting sorted in Korea. BTW, do you have a Kiwi accent? (fush n chups etc) You never answered my question as to how long you've been in NZ.

Welcome, D - you'll be hooked to this site in no time at all! Tell us how you feel after your first OW dive.... We all know, we just like hearing it from NEW newbies!

(And Dennis - I have to agree with Gasman... after having lived in Oz for 4 years it's always a little strange for me to see Melb, FL. But hey... so what, right?)

Cheers all
:)

Mario,
Don't stay away so long next time. Darn work, they always want us to show up, instead of playing on the computer all day. We miss you! Any vacation time coming up? I think you should join the BVI trip. I have a "blue light" special price just for you!
And Greg tell us more about Korea. Melbourne FL, sounds about as weird as Athens, Georgia don't you think?
:sunny:

Korea?
Well it's full of people who have ahabit of going to the same place at the same time.I mean ALL OF THEM !!!!
I went for a drive to the eastern sea which took 4 hours to get there and did 2 dives.The water was cold and there was practically no marine life evident.I think I saw 4 fish and I'm not sure if they were 4 fish or the same fish following me around.I think that I was the most interesting thing there....that's because everyone stares at me.I'm 6ft tall with a beard and large.They have probably never seen anyone like me before and neither have the fish.
The problem was coming home.We got caught in a 150km long traffic jam and it took 10 hours to come home.I have never seen anything like it in my life.The locals think nothing of it.But they also go gaga at a small park because open land is so scarce.In general the diving standards are shocking here.In N.Z. we have a population of 3.8 million and 190,000 divers (5%) which is the highest ratio in the world and last year only 5 deaths.The koreans have 47 million with only 40,000 divers and last year 100 deaths.some of those were contributed to being speared by others who were spearfishing at the time.I have my work cut out for me.The figures just don't add up.The local instructors are cutting corners and certifying divers in the pool and not in the ocean.That the power of the buck (Won).That's the Gasman signing off from the Korean report.
Cheers All ears,
The one and only.

Natasha, what I can say on the boards without getting edited :wink: is that the Shilla hotel is great. The food and service is 'memorable' Korean drinks have a nasty habit of sneaking up on you, and that I can out-dance 99.9% of the population! LOL! Had a great time by the way.

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

Wild stories about Korea! Maybe we should move them over to the Travel posts???
Greg so you're there on business?
:sunny:

I'm doing a 3 month stint instructing which is paying for another 2 months travel afterwards.We went over again to the eastern sea and drove for 3.5 hours and then found the dive shop closed and the boat unable to lauch and noone even thought to ring up first....hahahaha.At least I can sleep in the van now...Sheesh.
Cheers ears

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom