Greetings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbarkle

Registered
Reaction score
Hi from Central Illinois.

I am very new to all of this but have wanted to do it for quite some time. I am planning on starting classes in july. Until then I am trying to learn as much as I can before I start. I think this board will be a great help to me.

I hope everyone started out as nervous as I am. But I can not wait to start.

dbarkle

Welcome. Be prepared to be addicted for life. You can ask anything here and you will probably get the answer :)

Welcome from Melbourne, FL. You'll like it here. Have fun diving.

Hey Dbarkle. Nervous and excited sounds about right. The first time you actually breathe underwater is indescribable. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this board..so go for it.

Jimbo

Hey there dbarkle, welcome to the family here at Scuba Source! Jump on in anytime, the pool is open.

Sea you in the Deep Blue,

A very warm welcome from Canada! You'll find this the BEST place for any surface interval.

Hi Neighbor!
Chicago here. I think everyone is a bit nervous and very excited about starting their first classes. You'll love it. And like someone said, taking that first breathe underwater is a grand experience.
Are you close to Mermet Quarry? We're hoping to come down there to dive this summer. I know they have a 727 and a semi truck underwater there to play on.
And Mario, hey good too see you. I miss you ole boy!
Like DivingGal said this a great place to take your surface interval.
:sunny:

Hey there Natasha, how is everything? Missed ya too hun!

I was participating in a crazy training schedule about 90 miles north of where I live... I'm all better now... the doctors say the voices will stop now... shhh, did someone say something? :wink:

I believe meremet is about 4 hours from here. The place I plan on taking my classes from sometimes uses meremet. It looks like a really nice place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom