greetings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Starfish

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from the Minneapolis-St. Paul area!
My husband and I have recently relocated to the MSP area. I have been certified for 1 yr and he close to 20 (he certified when he was in HS and he got me SCUBA lessons for our 5th Anniversary). I'd love to hear from anyone diving in the MSP area. Also we are planning a 10 day trip to Cozumel in January, so any input there would also be appreciated. --Starfish

HI Starfish!
Welcome to the Scuba boards.
Your husband gives great presents. Mine bought me all new gear for my last birthday. I guess we're two lucky girls. :)
Cozumel is one our favorite places here on the dive board.
Everyone also favors Bonaire, so put that on your list too.
Do you already have a resort and dive shop picked out?
If not, take a look at the Travel- Mexico posts here. Tons of good info there.
:sunny:

Hey, Starfish and spouse,

Welcome to the friendliest website in the universe! And welcome to the world of diving!

Cozumel is probably our favorite dive location--although Hawaii is a close second! We go there every year--this year we will celebrate the New Year there.

We usually stay at the Fiesta Americana and arrange our stay with Island Dreams, a Houston company with a good web site (http://www.islandream.com/island.htm), but there are lots of places to stay in Cozumel and lots of good dive shops.

Look in the Travel section of this Board under Mexico and you will find a thread started by Happy Diver called "Cozumel, Where to stay", I think. I and others listed places to stay and dive. My "Reply" included ratings created by readers of a scuba magazine.

And, I always add, try dinner or lunch at the French Quarter, a fine restaurant in town owned by an American that serves absolutely wonderful Cajun-style food as well as excellent sea food. If you are there at New Years, you can meet Barbara and me: we have dinner reservations for 9:00 pm.

Have fun diving--how could you not?!!!!!

Joewr

Joewr

There is a good chance that we will be there for January 1!
Thnak you for the information. I'll let you know what we figure out. -Starfish

My husband checked around and found that his co-worker's wives either wouldn't get into the water or didn't like diving, so he was happy to fulfil one of my lifelong desires to become certified.

I am even more lucky that he wants to get me mine own regulator rather then having to rent! It's a fair trade, 'cause I support his flying habit. (Who knows I may get in to that one too once he has his Instructors license in a few months).

Thank you for the greetings and suggestions. -Starfish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom