Greetings Zen Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TStrick

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are new to Japan living on Yokota AB. We are from Florida both certified and love to dive but don't know where to go or how to get there. Any advice you could provide would be awesome. Haven't had a chance to go through all of the postings yet but working on it. We are excited to be here and looking forward to exploring Japan...Thanks in advance

Welcome to the board. You are in for some fun. The diving goes on year round and can be excellent. You can meet quite a few fun and interesting characters along the way.

hi TStrick,

welcome to the Board and japan! here in tokyo, we have several american pro divers and even their teams. japan underwater explorer, which is based in ebisu, tokyo, is one of them. they will all invite u to good dives in japan.

i came back from okinawa last nite. the water was warm, 24 degrees in C, and i saw many cute shrimpgobies. as henryville says, u can enjoy diving here all year round.

ken chung ar

Hi TS
I might be one of the fun and interesting characters...I'm not sure, you'll have to ask henryville...

Yokota has a very active dive club (The Finatics), I'm sure you can find their information on base somewhere. PM me if you need help. I belong to the club, but since I am a bit far away (1 hour driving like a madman on my motorcycle)...so I am not there for very many meetings.

They have lots of equipment, one or two instructors and access to the pool. In the winter, not many members dive, very few dry divers there, which is really neccessary to enjoy the diving from December through May or June.

I have diving going on all winter and will have some pool training going on from time to time to keep in good form. I will have a rescue course/review, some buoyancy workshops and drysuit trials/workshops...all in the pool.

Hope you and your wife adjust to Japan and are able to enjoy the interesting differences...

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom