Greetings from Yorkshire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

casts_by_fly

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm a regular discussion board user and I appreciate the good ones (which SB seems to be for sure). I'm a new diver though. My wife and I are warm water vacation divers, getting our OW certs ~18 months ago in the Maldives. We're headed back next May, planning to do a divers dozen or so. I don't see wetsuits or drysuits in my future, as we'll keep it completely recreational and tropical. It is just too nice being able to dive in a skin suit and swim trunks. I don't see what you cold weather guys like about it. Then again, I don't get wrecks either. I'm a fish kinda guy. I guess that all shoots me for local diving here in the North East UK...Look forward to chatting with a few of your.thanks,Rick

You've got to go shore dive the marine wildlife sanctuary up at St Abbs. check the Photo Gallery at the petrol station...They've got some old black & white photos of commercial divers (1910 ish) in standard dress sitting on the same wall that you sit to suit up. I bought a copy of one of them for my den when I was there.

Hi, So far I've been a warm water diver (put myself off cold water after doing my drysuit qual north of Aberdeen!) but now I've got a few more dives under my sleeve, I am starting to think about that dratted drysuit! Enjoy your diving in warm water, look at Egypt, its not too far from the UK! I'm heading to Dahab in February.

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard! :admingreet:

Have a great trip, then come back and tell us about it.

Hi guys,thanks for the warm welcome. I'll surely put up a PE when I get back from the maldives.Egypt is on the list for sure. If we didn't have the maldives booked in, we'd have taken a trip trip to egypt in the spring. We were able to dive in the dominican republic in September, though the condition/reef were just okay.thanksrick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom