Greetings from Xcalak Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Ben!
Dean didnt do any damage to our reefs in Xcalak (at least no major damage) The eye of Dean passed about 60 miles north of here so the wost damage is on the north side of the eye. A few sponges broke off here and there and some fan coral broken but no major damage.
I work at Costa de Cocos and we dont have the permits to take you to Chinchoro but we can try to arrange a trip for you.
For more info on our services go to either
Caribbean Adventures & Flyfishing at Costa de Cocos YUCATAN MEXICO or Costa de Cocos Resort - Xcalak, Mexico
If you are into flyfishing it is great down here.
Steve
original.jpg

Wonderful photographs!

Do the cave systems run down as far as Xcalak, or is that all well north of you?

Hey TsandM!
We do have caves here but nothing worth going into. Most of the entrances are in the swamp and vis is REAL bad. That and doing deco in no vis conditions in a swamp with crocs is a little hard on my nerves! :confused::confused::11::11:
The best caves are still in the Tulum, akumal, Playa del Carmen area.

Steve

Too bad . . . Looks like the ocean diving where you are is great. But I doubt I'd ever make it that far south without the siren song of the cenotes stopping me in Tulum :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom