Greetings from the Netherlands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ron273

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was looking for a good forum on scubadiving, I came across this forum. Apparently I have been a member since 2016, but never posted.
I started diving in the early 2000's and convinced my wife to join. We both have around 60 dives logged. We completed Open Water with IDD (yes that really is/was a thing in Europe, but mainly NLD). Later followed by our nitrox certification (PADI). During those first 10 years we mainly did diving trips to Egypt, but when our two children grew up, we had other priorities. In 2016 we picked up diving again and infected our kids with the diving virus. They did a referral course in the Netherlands and were certified during our family trip to Bonaire: best decision ever. Somehow after that we did maybe 4-5 dives and then stopped altogether. Since this summer, our kids are moving out and we are picking up diving again. We plan on following a refresher and AOW (with the kids!) next spring and we are looking at booking a liveaboard next fall in Egypt. So time to stop lurking and start reading up on developments over the last 20 years. We are probably in need of some upgrades, since all our stuff is almost 20 years old, so looking forward to make use of all the knowledge to be found here!

Back
Top Bottom