Greetings from Ontario Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BilgeDog

Reaction score
Hello, Greetings from Ontario. If anyone is ever thinking about going on vacation here or lives around here. I would be happy to point you in the direction of some good places to go. That are actually worth your time. Some of the wrecks that are around here are seriousely not that good anymore. For instance Im sure if your from ontario you have seen that "dive ontario" book by chris kohl? Well It a wonderful book, but some of the information is inacurate now. Depth, Visibility, Condition of the wreck, dangers and so on. I wouldnt want anyone to plan a day of diving and end up somewhere, where the visibility is 5 feet, and all that is left of a wreck is a few pieces of wood covered in zebra mussels so you are unable to make out whats what on the wreck :) Feel happy to email me, or ask me questions, and I will try and help as much as i can.
There are also many dangers in some of the greak lakes, like unused missles and bombs from ww2
Safe Diving
-BilgeDog
:gator:

welcome to the board BilgeDog, where abouts in Ontario are you from??

I am from Barrie Ontario. I live about an hour away from Toronto. Very close to lake simcoe. Not that far from Georgian bay, And 3 hours away from tobermory. :)

and welcome to the board. Don't forget to check out Ontario's own portion of the of the forum. For now it's call Ontario Fresh Water Freaks -- but it soon will undergo a name change (shhh it's a secret to what though.....:wink: )

I'm south of you in TO. Gad you are here!

Hey, Does anyone know some good places to go diving around ontario? Apparently there is a few caves that are about 10km long out here. But im puzzeled as to where they are :confused:
So if anyone has any dive sites and would be glad to share, I would be very happy :)
thanx
-BildgeDog

Hi BilgeDog.. welcome to the scuba-board from the soon to be frozen waters of Michigan USA!
:snorkel:

Back
Top Bottom