Greetings from NW Georgia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A quick hello from the mountains of Northwest Georgia...about 1 1/2 North of Atlanta.

Just getting back into recreational diving after years of no diving at all. I'm looking for training and diving experiences in GA, AL, FL, NC. I have a flexible schedule and mid-week is usually best for me to travel. Interested in 3-4 day trips, preferably guided in the SE USA to do wrecks, caverns, fresh water, etc...and of course quarterly, or every other month, week long trips to the exotic warm water attractions. Shoot me your suggestions and hit me up if you're in the same boat and need a safety buddy.

Welcome to the forums! I know some folks in Atlanta and North Georgia come up my way to dive quarries in Athens, TN and Philadelphia TN -- or even up to Gray, TN. Let me know if you need a buddy up here.

Hello from Ringgold, GA…just outside of Chattanooga. Always looking for a dive buddy. The closest quarry is Loch Low-Minn in Athens, TN. The only issue is they have no tank rental or refills, their compressor is down.

Hello from Ringgold, GA…just outside of Chattanooga. Always looking for a dive buddy. The closest quarry is Loch Low-Minn in Athens, TN. The only issue is they have no tank rental or refills, their compressor is down.
True, but Philadelpia Quarry is just 1 or 2 exits further north and they have air and nitrox tanks available, as well as any other gear if you need to rent (at much better prices than Loch Low-Min). Let me know if you need a buddy sometime.

True, but Philadelpia Quarry is just 1 or 2 exits further north and they have air and nitrox tanks available, as well as any other gear if you need to rent (at much better prices than Loch Low-Min). Let me know if you need a buddy sometime.
I would like to check that quarry out some time. The only item I have to rent is a tank. Looking to try for Sunday Sep 8. Just a single tank 2 dives. Got a buddy that said maybe, but hasn’t confirmed yet

I would like to check that quarry out some time. The only item I have to rent is a tank. Looking to try for Sunday Sep 8. Just a single tank 2 dives. Got a buddy that said maybe, but hasn’t confirmed yet
Philadeplia Quarry is a nice quarry, and personally I prefer it to Loch Low-Minn. This is especially true if diving with new divers who need to rent equipment more than tanks -- last I checked (been a year or 2) they charged $65 for admission, unlimited air (21%) tanks, and full gear rental (BCD, reg set, wetsuit -- not sure about mask & fins). For those just needing tanks, it is $30 for admission + unlimited air tanks (nitrox extra $). If you have questions, they usually respond pretty quickly through their Facebook page:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom