Greetings from New Jersey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello all!!

I too am in New Jersey and certainly still classify myself as a "newbie". New to this board as well. Only about 15 dives so far, best one was drift diving in Couzumel. Never experienced anything like it though I am sure there is much more to come. Anyway, I too am in need for people to dive with and am only about 1 hour from Dutch Springs. I am down in the southern NJ area right outside of Philly. Just sent an e-mail to try and join the wreck valley club.

Andrew, good luck this weekend with you checkout dives. One thinkg I do find is that though there are some out there that do not like to dive with new people etc, there are also A LOT of divers out there willing to help out us newbies and take some "easier" dives which may be challenging to us. Just keep trying. I agree with Grier. I was going to get my advanced certification this year but opted to get more experience under my belt with basic dives. I think I will come out ahead even if it takes me a little longer to come out with my advanced certification. The biggest teacher in diving is actually diving. Who is the more experienced diver? Someone with basic certification and over 200 dives? Or someone with Advanced Certification but only with their training dives???

Well, good luck again and hopefully wreck valley will open up some opportunities for us. I would be willing to meet at Dutch sometime to dive as well.

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

I live just outside of Philly (in NJ), I'm recently certified, and I'm always looking for dive buddies for a trip to Dutch Springs.

I currently dive as the third member of a buddy "trio".

I think we're going to Dutch Springs this weekend (possibly camping over friday night) and will probably do two or three dives on Saturday (one at night). One of my buddies is determined to find the dynamite shack.

"fashionablylate" and "radar", if you are ever looking for someone to dive with at D.S., click on my profile and send me a message sometime.

fashionablylate:
Hi MB104. I'm definitely interested in joining wreck valley. I noticed they have a topic specifically for people who are in need of buddies, so that's a huge leap in the right direction. I didn't realize their main site was such a cool resource.

I'm in central NJ in Westfield, and I dive out of Treasure Cove Watersports in Westfield. It's a nice shop, and the owner has been taking exceptionally good care of me. I'm going to be at Dutch both days this weekend, hoping to get in 7 dives between the two days.

I have joined the wreck valley group and have yet to meet anyone. Mostly since I haven't been to Dutch in a while and usually dive off of the Jeanne II out of Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn. Right now I am nursing a busted wrist so I am out for the season. I'd be happy to dive with you next year though!

As far as trying to pack those dives in, I know how you feel. Still, don't be afraid to call a dive even with the pressure of knowing that you might be set back a few weeks of training. The mark of a good diver is knowing when to sit on the boat and wait for the hot dogs :wink:

Hope to see you on those submurged rust buckets in 2005! :)

Have fun!

Benvenuto a bordo from the middle of Mediterranean sea. :wavey:

and to the underwater world :fish:
Diving is one of the most addictive thing you can experience. Once you start you will never stop. It’s great!!! Go piano piano and have FUN!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom