Greetings from Manado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forget about the zoom......

With the exception of the little bit required to eliminate the vignetting or just plan on cropping it out of the photo later.

...agree, was suggesting that the OP forget about the zoom lever in the water most of the time.

hey darnold and steve, thanks for reminding me again the purpose of zooming in and the importance of getting close. Hopefully i get another chance soon to practice these.

One question though, for subjects like sea robins which are pretty much on the ground most of the time and almost the same colour as the sand, is there any proper technique of shooting them? Here's the pic i took, hope it gives u some idea what i mean.

Manado241.jpg

Those are some great shots. What a cool place to practice photography. Did you guys go over to Lembeh Straits as well?

Those are some great shots. What a cool place to practice photography. Did you guys go over to Lembeh Straits as well?
thanks ryanomar! most of the macro pictures are taken in lembeh straits. we had a fantastic time there but unfortunately lembeh wasn't what it used to be. hairy (the hairy frogfish) wasn't at hairball and we didn't manage to spot the mimic and blue ring octopi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom