Greetings from Korea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

S. Kim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Nice to meet you all. I have been following the thoughtful postings here ever since I started (which was just one year ago).
I'm a foreigner based in Korea and while the diving community is great here, I often dream of diving somewhere else where the water isn't as murky or in swimming pools which aren't as crowded :p . Perhaps someday I will be able to join the scubaboard diving invasion but for now, finding my feet in the scuba world is taking up most of my time and money!
Hope to see you soon, either here at scubaboard or out there in the water!

Welcome!

Hopefully you'll become an active participant! We can always use another voice in the conversation.

Ray

Welcome to scubaboard. There is a wealth of info on here so enjoy. Dive often and dive safe.

You are just a short hop to Okinawa and warm clear water. Welcome to scuba board.

howdy and welcome from south Florida USA......

Welcome to Scubaboard. I lived in Korea for 3.5 years teaching scuba down in Busan. Your best bet for good affordable diving in the area is the Philippines. Check out Cebu Pacific for cheap flights and you'll see most flights go to either Cebu or Manilla. I preferred to fly into Cebu as the options for accessible dive destinations from there are greater.

Welcome to Scubaboard. I lived in Korea for 3.5 years teaching scuba down in Busan. Your best bet for good affordable diving in the area is the Philippines. Check out Cebu Pacific for cheap flights and you'll see most flights go to either Cebu or Manilla. I preferred to fly into Cebu as the options for accessible dive destinations from there are greater.

Anyeonghase-yoh! I currently do my diving near yang yang city, East Coast at a lovely place called Aqua Gallery.
If you know any English speaking divers in Seoul, then please let me know!
Ceby in the Phillipines and Okinawa in Japan seem to be the places to go.
Your blog is very interesting, couldn't help but laugh at the hae nyaw-pulling-the-mask-off story!

Thanks for checking out my blog, good of you to mention that.

Yeah Korea was an experience in many ways.

I guess you found Russel in Deep Blue Quest already? Other than that there's Alan in Aquatic Frontiers in Oosan. Other than that, I don't really have any buddies left there, north of Busan at least. The expat scene there is transient so most of the people I used to dive with apart from Koreans and people married to Koreans will have moved on by now.

Also take a look at Taiwan, it's not well known but cheap to get to and actually pretty good diving over there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom