Greetings from Ireland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

myscubablog.com

Registered
Reaction score
Hello fellow Divers

My name is Pawel and I am based in Ireland.
Two years ago on my holiday in Tenerife I tried scuba for the first time and instantly I felt like this is it. Unfortunately Covid hit the world and I had no chance to get certified until last June.
At the moment I am PADI AOW diver looking forward to do Rescue course next year. According to my Instructors I could have done it last August, however I feel like I need more experience (meaning - more dives) before that. Next step would be DM course but again - I will be looking for a solid base of experience before I get to do the course.

Before I even started my certification I was lurking here in search for some knowledge, advise and even reviews on gear I was about to buy. I must say this place is full of it all. Great deal of articles, posts and above all I can say a huge knowledge base coming from experienced people.
I hope to meet here people with whom I can share the same love for scuba diving.

happy diving everyone and stay safe!

Welcome. Do you plan to dive much local, or go on tropical destination trips (e.g.: the Red Sea)?

Richard.

Hello Richard

Diving season in Ireland is over for me now. Got to wait till next Spring. Have some plans to buy thicker wetsuit as the one I have (5mm semidry plus 2,5mm vest) is not enough for me. Probably early next year I will look for 7mm or even 8mm so I could start maybe late April... Not yet there to try drysuit.
In the meantime I want to go on holiday someplace warm Jan/Feb so I could get couple of dives there. Canaries again maybe, we'll see. I wish I could dive in Red Sea but right now is to early for me to make plans for the holiday.

P.

Welcome to ScubaBoard and Howdy from Texas! I like your crab!

We did our certification in Canada with 7mm gloves and hood etc. There are some amazing wrecks in the cold waters of the St Laurence river, well preserved with the cold fresh water and current. I'm sure there are even more near you. In our case, we rented for the first little while before buying ... Welcome to Scubaboard, and here's to Spring :)

Welcome to ScubaBoard and Howdy from Texas! I like your crab!
thank you
picture of crab taken by my the other day in Kilkee Bay, there's a lot of them, some dogfish as well and late August we had some visitors as well - basking sharks. I was lucky to swim with them, amazing experience, lots of adrenaline as they were up to 8 meters big. My first encounter with such big fish. Especially if you take under consideration that I only started diving this year :)
Later on I had a great fun making this movie trailer like video from the footage I took while with the sharks
On my blog there is a short story on that experience too...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom