Greetings from Canuckistan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saboteur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello all. Just saying hello. I took up scuba again after being away from it for 35 years. It's great to be back, what's with these computer things. I was on a tropical vacation a couple of years ago and strolled by a dive shop and my wife encouraged me to go in see to about doing some dives. Did a quick pool refresher then 4 dives. Fantastic! Went back the next year and converted my certification from ACUC OW to PADI AOW. Wished I'd never fallen out of it. Looking forward to learning a lot and diving as much as I can... No more dark cold lakes for me, just beautiful blue warm water.

Welcome. A number of Canadians post on Scuba Board, and since many U.S.-based divers are dive tourists to the same dive destinations, it's mainly a difference in air travel arrangements. Got any trips planned?

Richard.

hey there im in Ontario were are you at ? and welcome !!!!!

Hello from N.S. Where are you in Canada?

im in Ontario ...not all that far ........

Greetings to the forum.

I am curious though, you say that you live in "Canukistan". If you have such disdain for Canada that you would refer to it in that manner, why not move to someplace that would suit you better? Live is too short to live in any place that you don't like.

Greetings to the forum.

I am curious though, you say that you live in "Canukistan". If you have such disdain for Canada that you would refer to it in that manner, why not move to someplace that would suit you better? Live is too short to live in any place that you don't like.
I thought it was funny, because first I thought, " Wow! exotic!" And of course next I thought, "right next to Chiraq and Bostantinople"

@abnfrog can you put your dive shop's town location on your profile? My husband, daughter and I got bit by the "Dive Canada bug" and I remembered you opened a shop but could not recall where exactly. Maybe a website link if possible? Thanks!

I thought it was funny. I moved there 40 years ago this coming Aug. from Merca. I had to have a job waiting for me to become a "Landed Immigrant". You don't just up and move to somewhere better.

Last edited:
I thought it was funny.

Some people need to have their sarcasm meter recalibrated.

Hey there folks. Thanks for the welcome. To answer a few replies. I am I Calgary. Planning on returning to TCI fall. And yes it was a tongue in cheek referral to my country that has taken a further hard turn to the left that many don't agree with. Much the same in the US I suppose with certain labels as stated by Francesca...Chiraq and Bostaninople. LOL. I assume refers to Chicago and Boston.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom