Greetings from Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adiverslife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am very pleased to join ScubaBoard. I live in Bonaire and have been diving for 33 years. I own the A Diver's Life YouTube channel which is a video log that I would like to describe as an educational video log on Bonaire, diving history, and diving travel. A sample of our historical posts include our discovery of an 1800's Salt Ship anchor on Bonaire called A Step Back in Time as well as interviews with Jacques Cousteau's Illustrator, Dominique Serafini and his partner and DreamWrecks photographer Cathy Salisbury
Memories about Cousteau and the Calypso Expedition Part 1 and Part 2.

I consider myself an ocean activist. I have a PADI Divemaster certification and am working to earn tech diving certifications. As I grow my experience in tech diving and underwater cinematography I am sure I will have lots of questions and hopefully insights to share.

Just recently discovered your channel. I would love to live in bonaire :(
Beautiful videos
It is a wonderful place to live. It is nice to really live a live around diving and the sea. We have a very active diving community here and that includes the wonderful dive tourists that come to our island. I am truly fortunate to live here. If you want to live here and have questions please ask.

I am very pleased to join ScubaBoard. I live in Bonaire and have been diving for 33 years. I own the A Diver's Life YouTube channel which is a video log that I would like to describe as an educational video log on Bonaire, diving history, and diving travel. A sample of our historical posts include our discovery of an 1800's Salt Ship anchor on Bonaire called A Step Back in Time as well as interviews with Jacques Cousteau's Illustrator, Dominique Serafini and his partner and DreamWrecks photographer Cathy Salisbury
Memories about Cousteau and the Calypso Expedition Part 1 and Part 2.

I consider myself an ocean activist. I have a PADI Divemaster certification and am working to earn tech diving certifications. As I grow my experience in tech diving and underwater cinematography I am sure I will have lots of questions and hopefully insights to share.
That anchor sounds interesting. Where might a person find it?

That anchor sounds interesting. Where might a person find it?

The anchor is located at 110 feet roughly off the White Slave Obilesk. So, to find it first go to the White Slave dive site yellow stone marker, just south of the White Slave Slave huts. Go out the wall, and swim along at around 40-50 and gradually drop down until you see a first anchor that is sticking up write in the sand at around 120 feet. You should be able to see that anchor as it is out at the base of the wall in the sand you should see it looking down from 70-80 feet. About 20 yards past that you will see it laying in 110 feet of water. Here is a link to the video so you can better visualize what I am talking about: A Step Back in Time.

The anchor is located at 110 feet roughly off the White Slave Obilesk. So, to find it first go to the White Slave dive site yellow stone marker, just south of the White Slave Slave huts. Go out the wall, and swim along at around 40-50 and gradually drop down until you see a first anchor that is sticking up write in the sand at around 120 feet. You should be able to see that anchor as it is out at the base of the wall in the sand you should see it looking down from 70-80 feet. About 20 yards past that you will see it laying in 110 feet of water. Here is a link to the video so you can better visualize what I am talking about: A Step Back in Time.
Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom