Greetings from Beaufort, SC, USA!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Writer,

Welcome,

I have a brother-in-law who is living on Dataw Island. He is trying to sell his fathers boat and house after he died. The boat is about 32' with twin v-drives. I think it is a Silverton. I would buy it, but the cost to send it to the west coast is more than the asking price of the boat.

Thanks for your welcome!

I live about 5 miles from Dataw Island. I'll keep my eyes and ears open and if I hear of anybody looking I'll let you know. I work at the local newspaper, so I often hear about people who are looking for both boats and real estate.

Best wishes,

writer

Hi, I am new here as well and also from SC! I am from Greenville. If you are new to diving then I suggest that you try diving in the Cooper River. People dive there all of the time because you can find fossilized Megalodon teeth there. For those of you who may not know what that is....it's an ancient, extinct Great White Shark that was about 50 feet long. :) Make sure you get a little low visibility experience first though, it's black water definitely. Welcome to the forum from a feelow newbie. :)

NatureDiver,

Thanks for the welcome!

Actually, we have the same thing here in Beaufort. I went diving last week and like you said, the viz is almost nothing! I could see less than 4 inches. I don't have a permit but the guy with me (who does have a permit) found several sharks teeth, a boat anchor and a whale vertebra. He's also found several Dispensary bottles. I'm sending my permit application in later this week. $20 a year isn't bad!

But I'll have to give Charleston a try too.

Thanks for letting me know!

See you at the bottom!

writer

Nice to meet you east coasters. I am in columbia SC and have been diving only for about 1.5 years.

Have dove Baracuda Alley off Myrtle Beach, the FL springs and Belize

Belize was awesome!

Want ot do more. Finding ot hard to find buddies though.

I too want to try charleston. Have had several other trips planned that got canceled by either the crappy weather this year or by other circumstances.

Eddie Albert

ealbert@sc.rr.com

Thanks for the welcome!

Beaufort and Charleston have a lot in common as far as the water goes. You can find fossils and sharks teeth in both places. And the viz is near zero through the summer unless you go offshore. I'm told by the end of October, visability should improve some, though.

Best wishes,

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom