Greetings from Alberta, Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I missed you, but this has been a hectic time for me. Packing, giving bad advice to other folks on the Board, fending off NetDoc and his siege on my sensativities, trying to steal Mad Mario's Avatars, hiding from LadyDiver's red pencil, correcting keralucu's spelling of honor and meter...and I missed you!

Well, welcome and enjoy this Board...it is educational and entertaining! I educate and NetDoc entertains...and Rick Murchison shakes his head in wonderment while Walter shakes his finger in frustration! We have it all...and now we have you, Drummerboy, to boot!

Come often and tell us all about your diving: we love to hear about diving!

Joewr...whose father was a Canuck,too, but he came from Manitoba where they could unlearn "humour" and "metre", apparently.......

OK.... I held my tongue yesterday, Joe but now I just have to tell you that in Brit English we DO actually use the word 'meter' - it's that thing you put coins in when you park your car, or alternatively, the "Gasman" comes to check it once a month!

:p :p :p

Alison,

I stand corrected, regulated and metered! I will never make fun of the mouther tongue againe. I proumise! With a blood oathe!

Joewre or is that Jouwr or Jouwre? You know, it has been said that English is one of the hardest languages to learn...I need to start some time soon...

How are ya? Cool, you live in Calgary, and you've dove lake Minnawanka. The outfit that certified me was out of B.C. that travel around. We get a posting that they'll be in town and we register and show up when they come to town. They are or were called "Blue Water Diving". I'm not sure now. Anyway, they'll be in town next week so, i'm going to go and chat with them. When we dove Lake Minnawanka..we only went down about thirty feet, but it was really fun. I hope to dive there again. I need to get equipment though. Are there any good dive shops in cow-town? Anyhoo, I gotta run, work calls. I'll come on later tonight. Hope to hear from you. Take care. Cya,
Kennan aka drummerboy

Hey Fooks,
Yeah, I did all my open water dives(all four of them), at Lake Minnewanka. We dove twice on a Saturday morning then twice on the next day. It was a little chilly but pretty cool. It was fairly desolate as far as any fish were concerned. I saw one fish on one one dive and that was it. Although, the guys that were doing their level two, saw plenty of fish when they went down one hundred or so, on their night dives. Isn't there supposed to be a sunken ship or something like that there? I can't remember. And hey, THANKS for letting me know about that dive shop in the city. I'll be sure to check it out next time i'm there. BTW..do you have an address or email address for them? It's no big deal, though. I can find where it is when I get there. Thanks again. Take care and i'll talk to you later. Cya,
K

Hi Drummerboy,

Welcome to Scuba Board. I did a search over at Scuba Directory and you can find the contact information I found here.

Good luck,

Hey Drummerboy welcome from another north of the 49th. I am thinking we were certified by the smae company. Blue H2O travels from town to town in Canada. Generally little towns with no LDS or instructors. Let me know who your instructors were will ya. Butch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom