Greetings and thanks from some new divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The diving is by no means tremendous here but for getting underwater, it is good........

If you are ever in the area visiting your family, let me know.

Steve,

I dont know if it is because I am so new to diving or not but it is all tremendous to me. I haven't met a dive I didn't like. I get the feeling that I would enjoy getting my gear on and splashing around in one of those blue plastic kiddie pools (maybe try to identify the fish printed on the sides).

I will definitely pm you if I make it out your way. I appreciate the offer. The same to you if you ever find yourself around here.

I think Steve pretty much hit the nail on the head, although from what I've heard and read, Tobemorey has some of the best freshwater diving in North America and viz is top notch. Apparently there are a bunch of great wrecks there, a few being all wood paddle boats etc... from way back when. That being said... I've never experienced it first hand.

Perhaps you can pop into the Ontario Freshwater Freaks forum on this board. I checked it out yesterday and there appeared to be many knowledgebale local divers like Steve, and a bunch of great pics etc... of the wrecks in Toby.

Sounds like you have as much cathching up to do as I do. all kinds of great dives right in our back yards, but where to begin. I think I am going to start with the new dive boat that just started about 15 minutes away from me. Then maybe the channel Islands (just two hours away). 50+ feet of vis must be a hell of a thing.

Thanks, I will go check out the freshwater freaks. I want to see the pictures of those wrecks.

Back
Top Bottom