Greeting from New Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cougar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello to everyone. I'm a novice with 13 dives under my belt...and a lot more to come since I will be spending 6 weeks this summer in Cozumel.

Diving has been on my llife list since I was 17, but it took until I was 51 to get a round to it.

Other occupations besides hanging out in water, legal investigator, EMT-I, writer, graphic designer for computer programs, fvolunteer firefighter, local unlicensed vet (we live so far away from civilization there are no vets, the locals are poor and I'm free):rainbow:

Welcome to the board. Good to have you. It is never to alte to start diving! :D

Howdy from Texas!!!

Where specifically in Northern New Mexico?

How close to the Blue Hole?

Big Howdy from Houston. It's good to see more seniors joining the group. You'll find nice folks here.

Spending that much time in Cozumel can be addictive.

DSAO,

Larry

Hello Welcome to the board.

I'm also new to Diving and the board but have been made to feel real welcome here. It's was nice to know that there is a place you can get intouch with divers and not have to worry any body not responding or give you a hard time cause your new, The people here have been great so far.

I spent some time in El Paso. I remember once going to a park near El Paso was supposed to be a lake but turned out to be a big concrete pond but we had fun anyways. It's a bit dry in that part of Texas/NM.

Regards,
GD

Welcome to the friendliest scuba board, or for that matter, any board you'll find! I was born and raised in southern NM, and lived in Albuturkey for a couple of years, and am now "next door" in AZ.
I have lots of relatives in Las Vegas, NM. Where abouts are you?

I would definitely encourage you to read all of the posts about Cozumel. The diving is great, but there are some pretty shady operators there. Take advantage of the info here to ensure you have a great experience!

Welcome aboard,
Scuba Legs
"I sink . . . therefore I swam."

I'm another late starter! - better late than never.

Cheers

I can't believe how many responses to a simple, "Howdy". What a nice bunch you are.

To be lazy and answer questions only once: I live in the N. central mountains out side a tiny little village (96 people). The closest diving I know of is The Blue Hole. Haven't done that yet, it be too cold for my warm water blood.

Got certified in Cozumel. Had an awesome instructor. Lucked out big time becaseu the shop I was set up subcontracted us out to this instructor who used to own a dive shop but now free-lances (The instructor we were supposed to havehad a cold). Made some local connections down there and I'm going back in June with my daughter to do some volunteer work with the docs at the humane society and do as much more diving as possible.

My husbands business takes us to funny palces so I have a good chance at Thailand and some other wonderful diving spots this year. For now, I'll settle for diving the entire Caribbean...I don't want to come up...just drop another tank down!

Hi Cougar,
Welcome to the boards, glad you got one of those elusive round tuit's, I cant remember where I put mine lately.
:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom