Greenville South Carolina Day Tripping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scwaterborne

Reaction score
Heyas, Well I wanted to throw my name out there. Gotten a few e-mails from a couple of you but I was thinking that someone should start a thread that had a list of local Upstate South Carolina divers that were interested in heading out for a weekend dive somewhere. I'm going to hit the lake this weekend, weather permitting, but I would like to hit the Cooper River or Coast one weekend too. There's a lot of good Dive Shops around, but with my work schedule its tough getting out for 4 days at a time to go on one of their trips. I was hoping to find some people who would be up for a day trip somewhere (maybe weekend trip). Be safe and I hope to hear from some of yas.

Matt

hey matt what lake you going to this weekend....we are heading up to jocassee and going to play around the wall then go dive the junk....going to be there all weekend....we are also going down to ginney springs and devils den the weekend after thanksgiving...
we are also from the upstate....right on the g'ville/easley line.
Rob & Penny

I am going to be at Jocassee on Saturday (as long as the weather holds up). Probably just doing a couple of shore dives... I will probably be there around 10am or so so stop in and say hey if you get the chance. Sounds like I would be a third wheel on your upcoming dives (I assume the second signature is your wife/girlfriend) but thanks for the offer sounds like a cool trip. See you out there.

Matt

yes...she is my wife....we are going to be ther around 12 or so...and goiong out on a couple of boats with a group.....on sunday we'll be up there earlier....doing the shore dive thing...over by the remote boat ramp....if you can...come back out on sunday as well...
rob & penny

I make it up to Jocassee 1-2 times a month, usually on Sat., but sometimes Sunday. I'll be at the divers ramp about 10 am Sat. 23rd. Won't be too long till it'll be time to hit the Hot Hole. Always looking to expand my Dive Buddy list.

have they opened up the hot hole....i heard it was closed to divers after 9/11 and never heard if it was opened up again?
Rob & Penny

rscubapdive:
have they opened up the hot hole....i heard it was closed to divers after 9/11 and never heard if it was opened up again?
Rob & Penny
You can still dive the Hot Hole, but...you have to dive it from a boat, you cannot go ashore unless there is an emergency. Security from the plant keeps a close eye out and they are ALL BUSINESS. Dove it last Jan. and look forward to diving it again.
Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom