Greenforce lights - any opinions / owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Blue One

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm reviving an old thread started by RickOZ because I didn't get a great answer - other than a long argument on the LC.

Does anyone have experience of the Greenforce lights I like the look of the new "Light-Sabre" and price point is pretty good too but keen get reviews on Greenforce as this was the first cannister that took my attention due to versatility (hand and umbilical options) and power and looks (this is a fashion sport after all)

p.s. don't worry about telling me about other lights I just want a view on the Greenforces !!

Aren't they all 13 degree lightheads? If so, it might be OK for use with video applications... I guess. Otherwise, it's too widespread - you want a focusable lighthead, or failing that, the tightest beam array you can get. Which is typically a 6 degree lighthead.

thought about getting one (then spent all my money on other gear :p)

Have a friend with one and he loves it and swears by it. He's worked in Dive shops for years here in Ireland the US and its his favourite torch yet.

Supposedly bulletproof

S

My buddy has the umbilical hid version, you could use this thing to warn ships off the rocks. An amazing piece of kit. Phenomenal on night dives.

Brilliant torches, the best I've ever used. Variety of battery packs and heads. Interchangeable lenses with several degree difference. Only downfall is that they're quite expensive especially when replacing the bulbs on the HIDs' and the LEDs'. Would recommend the F2.

I have the hid 50 and love it. It is a rugged long lasting design. The prices are affordable and the versatility is a big plus. I highley recomond the lights.

Big Blue One:
I'm reviving an old thread started by RickOZ because I didn't get a great answer - other than a long argument on the LC.

Does anyone have experience of the Greenforce lights I like the look of the new "Light-Sabre" and price point is pretty good too but keen get reviews on Greenforce as this was the first cannister that took my attention due to versatility (hand and umbilical options) and power and looks (this is a fashion sport after all)

p.s. don't worry about telling me about other lights I just want a view on the Greenforces !!

I spoke at some length with the Manta rep regarding these lights during the Boston Sea Rovers. Manta is the U.S. (possibly North America) distributor for Green Force.

I am very impressed. In fact, I'm seriously considering upgrading to the 21 Watt HID. They appeared to be extremely robust (you can bang the HID lightheads on a table with no problems, although I certainly don't plan to do so).

I'm told that I can get the reflector with different reflectors. That will be a major point as I want a 6 - 7 deg. head. If would be very nice if they were interchangeable.

I also like the size of the F-IV battery, although I'll probably go with the F-III.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom