Green Valley dive site?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone heard of a dive site called something like 'Green Valley'?

I was talking to somebody who had dived in the Coz/PDC area about 12 years ago and mentioned a dive site called green valley, described as a wall dive with reef about 60 feet deep before the drop off with a ripping north current that was dived from PDC, that you would dive it for miles due to the fast current.

I dove one off the PDC to Puerto Aventuras area decades ago, call the "Green Wall". We dove it from a big boat, coming over from Cozumel, fishing on the way over, doing three tanks, and fishing on the way back. Have to honestly admit that I can't recall a ripping current, but the drop off was pretty spectacular, sandy area on the shallow side, abrupt drop, and then a continuation of a sandy bottom again (I think).

I wonder if that's it? Green something I guess, after all he is trying to recall it from 12 years ago.

He was describing it as they 'dove it for miles' based on the fast current. Likely didn't dive it for miles of course but was interesting as I've never heard of it. He described it as a couple of miles off shore from PDC which I thought too was interesting as I thought a couple of miles would put you out in very deep water. His two big impressions were the view and the current. Of course current can change daily.

If the terrain in the ocean by PDC is similar to Cozumel, a half mile would put you in deep water. Let me look at Google.

I wonder if that's it? Green something I guess, after all he is trying to recall it from 12 years ago.

He was describing it as they 'dove it for miles' based on the fast current. Likely didn't dive it for miles of course but was interesting as I've never heard of it. He described it as a couple of miles off shore from PDC which I thought too was interesting as I thought a couple of miles would put you out in very deep water. His two big impressions were the view and the current. Of course current can change daily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdCvyJJhSF0

I think this might be it, again, it has been decades since I dove it.

I think that is is, a search for green wall gives some results, showing it as a dive site north of PDC, not miles out. That video shows a nice dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom