Green Hair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lahalbo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hope someone has some ideas for this.

I have blonde hair, with highlights. Everytime I get in the pool for lessons or just practice before my OW cert dive my hair turns green. I do get it really wet before I get in the pool so it doesn't suck up just the pool water and that keeps it at a light green color.

I'd really rather not wear a swim cap, probably more for vanity reasons than anything else.

I know when I was growing up Nexxus had a product that would take "metals" etc out of the hair.

Also, is it a chemistry thing? Me and my son both turn green but my daughter who also has blonde hair and some highlights doesn't. If it is chemistry is it something I could possibly control by taking a supplement of some kind or by regulating the acidity in my body??

Thanks in advance!!!

Linda

Thanks Deco. Very interesting article. Just find it odd that 2 out of 3 of us "blondies" in my family have this problem and not the other.

Oh well, such is life!

I guess I'll join a punk band! haha

Just tell people you're Irish with a straight face.

They'll look at the hair, look back at you, look at the hair, think really hard, and if you are still keeping a straight poker face they will say "oh right".

Unless they are irish and know better.

I'll try that. I hate to say I was thinking "I look like a leprechaun" then I realized, they only WEAR green...their hair is red. haha Like I said..I'm a blonde.

Some people see it and some don't. Must be their eyes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom