• Blade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other (type in a post below)

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Couldn't think of a new diving related poll for this week, so I thought I would pop one in non-diving related...

In Pirates of the Caribbean, you note that Jack Sparrow ended the last of the trilogy in exactly the same position as he started the first of the trilogy, in a rowing skiff, all alone.

Only now he has the secret map, with the isle of ponce de leon on it, and the fountain of youth, someplace near Florida!

"We're devils and wreched, we're really bad eggs
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!"

<symphonic refrain>

None of the above... a truly great trilogy has yet to be made IMHO.

El Mariachi-Desperado-Once Upon a Time in Mexico

Brilliant movies. El Mariachi was made on a total shoestring budget, and it shows in the cinematography. But then Rodriguez does some great "call backs" in the later movies to the earlier ones, and they basically each retell the same story with twists, and bigger gunfights, and badder bad guys, and well, you just have to include this one on a list of best trilogies.

The director's commentary really adds to the them as well. Cheech Marin gets killed off in the second movie, and Rodriguez really regrets not having his character around. So he basically ignores what had happened, and brings Cheech back, only to have Johnny Depp do unspeakable things. But then Depp gets his. Plus he tells how to make the puerco pibil, which I've made several times since. Always a winner, and nobody's shot me yet over it.

Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and The Army of Darkness! That's awesome! Ash is Da Man! I think that is one series where I laughed myself to tears!:D

130492.jpg

"Now listen up, you primitive screwheads. See this? This... is my BOOMSTICK! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that? "

CLASSIC!

Carolyn:shark2:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom