Great Shark Dive in St Maarten

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
:D Just got back from St Maarten after several days of being sick and having to cancel several dives, I was finally able to get wet and boy it was worth the wait! We did the Shark Dive with Ocean Explorers Dive Center on Simpson Bay Beach. While the ride out was rough and current was crazy because of some tropical weather near by, once under the water and seeing the Sharks for the first it made it worth it! It was AMAZING. Seeing these creatures in their element and so close was just fantastic. The crew made it even better, with such difficult dive conditions they did an outstanding job making sure everyone got on and off the boat safely. We have 3 DM's with us and Jeff, Lazlo, and one other women who's name I can't seem to remember. They were so much fun and made sure everyone had a great safe time. Would definatly recommend this dive and this center to anyone who is heading to St Maarten to get wet!

did a shark dive before and having sharks swim so close they come within inches of you as they swim by is something you won"t ever forget :D

I can't wait for my first shark dive. Although it may be several years before I could do one. What type of shark species did you encounter?
:coffee:

think mine were reef sharks ? It was in the carribbean.

Pictures! We want pictures! Or video! Or both! Sharks are cool.

Ditto to Hoomi
:coffee:

I shot this one about 7 years ago in St. Maarten. It was a crappy P&S camera but an awesome dive. There were about 8 black tip reef sharks (biggest around 5' IIRC). This was about my 15th career dive and it was great but there was a storn through the week before so the vis was bad, the current was large and the surge (even at 60') was huge as well.

Back
Top Bottom