Great Pacific Garbage Patch - Call for help with a tag-line.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2O Robin

New
Reaction score
# of dives
We have these new water bottles we will be selling soon as a fundraiser. One dollar for every water bottle sold will go to the Ocean Defenders alliance.

Ocean Defenders Alliance (ODA)

As a company we would like to call attention to the Great Pacific Garbage Patch and at the same time make people think twice about buying bottled water rather than just refilling a container. Great Pacific Garbage Patch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pete Net Doc and Mesellanus came to visit us today and gave me the idea to ask you; ScubaBoard.com

Water Bottle.jpg

We have the bottles already and the display. I'd like some help as to how to best convey the message, every tag line I present to Don Western (H2Odyssey President) gets veto'd because he says it is either too long, or too complicated. I'd like to put the message on a small 4X4 card.

I would love to hear your ideas.

Robin

Okay, if we use your idea for a tag-line we will give a free water container and bragging rights that it was your idea.

Here are the ones we turned down: "Walk the talk", "Do you know about the Great Pacific Garbage Patch", "Plastic kills", "Did you know that the Pacific Garbage Patch is the size of the great state of Texas?"

Need some help Scubaboarders.

Robin

Are you going to have anything under the tag line explaining it on the card, or simply the tag line? The answer to that would drastically change how simplistic or specific the tag line needs to be.

Great cause!

Used with one of the photos below...
"I don't want your plastic, use less and recycle the rest please!"

Can you do a photo? Nothing impacts more than seeing it with your own eyes.

turtle_plastic.jpg
turtle.jpg

"Ocean creatures don't want your plastic, use less and recycle the rest please!"

(Why only a dollar towards the cause? Is that all the profit created after expenses are paid?)

Thanks for your help we decided on "Think twice about the water" as our campaign slogan

TheGreatPacificGarbagePatch.jpg

Hope you like it.

Robin

---------- Post added ----------

@ Peter yes, that's right $1.00 is all of our profit.

Robin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom