Great news for Aeris Atmos AI owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for reviving a very old thread, but was curious to hear if anyone else has tried this? There seems to be a tiny crack in my atmos ai battery cover, so I am looking for an alternative.

Also, does the Sherwood Wisdom share the same battery cover? It looks very similar.

Sorry for reviving a very old thread, but was curious to hear if anyone else has tried this? There seems to be a tiny crack in my atmos ai battery cover, so I am looking for an alternative.

Also, does the Sherwood Wisdom share the same battery cover? It looks very similar.

Original poster here. From what I remember, I tried baking a Sherwood battery covers without success because the thread pattern was too dissimilar. I have been using the baked Aqualung battery covers for five years without any leaks. The coin slot ridges still get brittle and break off, but have had good luck using a glob of PC Super Epoxy to rebuild the coin slot to work with a screw driver. Best wishes.

Original poster here. From what I remember, I tried baking a Sherwood battery covers without success because the thread pattern was too dissimilar. I have been using the baked Aqualung battery covers for five years without any leaks. The coin slot ridges still get brittle and break off, but have had good luck using a glob of PC Super Epoxy to rebuild the coin slot to work with a screw driver. Best wishes.
That's fantastic to hear, thank you so much for posting an update. The replacement ones are the ones in black color, right? The original ones were translucent white ones if I am not mistaken.

That's fantastic to hear, thank you so much for posting an update. The replacement ones are the ones in black color, right? The original ones were translucent white ones if I am not mistaken.
I have not seen the replacements. The Aqualung ones I baked were clearish, somewhat translucent, but not white. I have no idea how well the black replacements will bake/work, but I would try one and see if you can get it pressure tested before using it at depth. Please post your results one way or the other. Thanks.

I have not seen the replacements. The Aqualung ones I baked were clearish, somewhat translucent, but not white. I have no idea how well the black replacements will bake/work, but I would try one and see if you can get it pressure tested before using it at depth. Please post your results one way or the other. Thanks.
Got it - those are the original ones. I haven't been able to find them any longer. There are a couple of retailers selling Aqualung i550 battery hatches and they are all black and they claim that these solve the brittleness issue in the originals. I will get a couple and try them out - will report back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom