Great new dive destination... after Coz? Caymen, Bonaire, or other suggestion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Look into CoCo View Resort on Roatan. It is nowhere near 4 stars, but is a wonderful place to learn and expand one's diving. You'll have to decide for yourself whether or not it is too "bare bones" or not. It has property around it and even bicycles for use, but it is primarily for divers and about diving. So much so that if you go, you'll probably be drawn into the casual access to many dive opportunities per day. Moreover, it has an absolutely wonderful shore dive with a lot of variety to it. Consider the possibility that if you like the place so much for its diving opportunities, the presence or absence of other things to do becomes moot. (Not that there aren't other things to do, especially off site, if you wish).

Thank you all! You gave me some good options to consider and look into. Much appreciated, and happy diving!

We went to Belize and loved it so much that we went back two more times. We dove with Hugh Parkey's Dive Connection. Great operation, Thorough dive briefs. Amazing Coral and Marine life. We stayed at the Sunbreeze Hotel, not to be confused with the Sunbreeze Suites, The Hotel was great. They made sure we had everything we needed. Our room was 120, faced the Caribbean and which was on the ground floor, 30 steps to the dive shop, and another 15 to the dock. Couldn't ask for more. The dining was excellent. The hotel bar is the Blue Water Grill and was imo the best around. The town is small, we didn't see any crime and the police were patrolling the beaches at night. There are many places to eat and drink, if you go during late June they have there annual Lobster Festival which is amazing. Lobster tails for 7$. Stop by the near by island of Caye Caulker if you really want to be by yourself, but still have bars and diving. They are located in San Pedro on Ambergris Caye. The local diving is 10 mins or less from the dock. The Blue Hole trip was about 2hrs each way so its a haul Our 15yr old snorkeled the Blue Hole while we dove. It was a good experience to do at least once in your life. But the best diving I think in the area not local are Light House reef, Half Moon Caye, and anywhere off of Tourneffe Atolls.(sp) Amazing diving. If I had the money I would stay at Hugh Parkey's Resort on Touneffe.

For your needs, no to Saba (too deep) no to Caymans (too Expensive) Depends a lot on where you are traveling from and what time of year you plan on traveling. If traveling from Canada, give me a shout, have some great options for you.
Otherwise consider Dominica, Curacao, St Lucia. More expensive than Mexico, but not nearly as expensive as Bahamas, T&C or Caymans. Roatan is good on a budget, nice diving but not a hell of a lot else.

Bryan
SCUBA DESTINATION DEALS - HOME

Back
Top Bottom