GREAT liveaboard info website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AMSD

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've been on the hunt for some time for the "right" liveaboard for a Similan/Surins trip in March '10. Got fantastic info from reading posts here as well as from replies to my own post and narrowed it down to the Pawara, which I just booked. Prior to booking, though, I noticed some websites post different rates for some boats so in my search for the best price, I found this great website that had all the specs, TONS of photos, et al, of almost all the boats I've heard of/was researching (ScubaBoard won't let me post the link here as I have under 5 posts, so watch for this to pop up shortly!) Unsure if it's been mentioned here but thought it was worthy of posting since it's hard to find adequate information in one spot. Hope it's helpful to someone else!

FWIW, I didn't book through this site (though the prices on the Pawara were the same here as on other sites that book this boat... except Pawara's actual site, which reflects higher prices, believe it or not!) as I'd already made contact with someone before stumbling upon this Siam Divers site. Reviewing this site WAS the clincher on my decision to book the Pawara, though (it was between the Pawara, Black Manta and Queen Scuba... i had considered the Colona, Giamani and the Scuba Explorer as well); all but one of the other boats I was looking at were on the aforementioned site.

Finally, a BIG thank you for the very helpful info from so many of you as I've been trying to this trip planned (Thailand first timer here). For those that offered me info and assistance, I'm so sorry I went MIA for a few weeks. I travel for business so between that and the holiday season I let our trip planning slip... but now that I only have a few more gifts to wrap, I am back in the game (so there may be new posts not relating the liveaboards that begin popping up)!

Cheers!

I use these guys. They're great.

Thanks for the link. I'm just booking my one month trip to Thailand in March 2010 as well. Looking for a liveaboard too!

the prices on the Pawara were the same here as on other sites that book this boat... except Pawara's actual site, which reflects higher prices, believe it or not!)

This has caused us and everyone a bit of a headache! The owner of Pawara (and the Pawara.com website) is leasing the boat out to a new operator (Big Blue) this season, but never updated his own website - so the schedule and prices on Pawara.com are incorrect. What you see on our website or the Siam Dive n Sail website are correct.

Thanks for the compliments everyone, nice to get some positive feedback. Yes, Jamie is right about the Pawara problem, Big Blue is trying to get the owner Duke to just take the website down but so far that is not happening, but it does cause a lot of confusion for everyone.

On the other hand, the new management of Pawara is doing a bang-up job. They have finally put double bed cabins on the boat, cleaned her up nicely and hired a fantastic cruise director (he used to be on Jazz). Everyone is really happy with the boat and hopefully Big Blue will continue to manage her.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom