Great first Dive Trip to Cozumel----Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Ingersoll:
How loud is it right downtown at the Bahia? The rooms look great but I kind of worried about the street noise.
Got to be loud. I've never stayed there, but it's right on the main drag.
For quiet + downtown check out the Hacienda San Miguel. Good rates, big rooms, cozy and quiet ambiance.

Tim Ingersoll:
How loud is it right downtown at the Bahia? The rooms look great but I kind of worried about the street noise.

Tim not sure about the noise level at the Bahia.

Casa Mexicana is right downtown on the “main drag” ---it is above a large carpet store. This makes the hotel rooms above the street level even on the lower floors--we could not hear any street noise at all...great location to just walk to restaurants and other activities.

We loved the wonderful breakfast buffet with a great variety of food (a large variety of fresh fruit, yogurt, sweat rolls, croissants, pancakes, French toast, egg and omelets made to order, cereals, hash brown potatoes and more; of course beans and tortillas...This also included fresh orange and grapefruit juice, coffee, tea and milk. With a good breakfast and our snacks on the dive boat and some snacks in our room we only ate one meal out at the restaurants at night, which was a great savings.

We enjoyed our ocean view room, with a private patio, a mini frig and an in-room safe for no extra. The room had a wonderful bathroom with a full size bathtub. A very comfortable King sized bed. The AC was great as we are desert “rats” and the very high humidity bothers us.

The elevator and escalator was a welcomed site as we returned from diving or an evening out.

We dove with two couples who were staying at Caribe Blu Hotel which is being remodeled and they liked the ocean view and their rooms, no bathtub only a shower but they said they had a lot of road noise all the time, as the hotel is right on the “main drag”.

So each to their own as to what type of hotel, resort, or rental they stay at while in Cozumel. We enjoyed Casa Mexicana and are looking forward to a return trip.

AZ Divers

You asked for the Depth of our dives
We were in Cozumel the week of April 24 through May 1.

April 25th Palancar Caves 88 ft
Delila 71 ft

26th Santa Rosa Wall 80 ft
Yucab 55 ft

27th C-53 wreck 80 ft
Paradise 38 ft

28th Palancar Gardens 70 ft
Las Palmas 50 ft
Night dive 1: Paradise section 1 37ft

29th Columbia 89 ft
Francesa 57 ft
Night dive 2: Paradise section 2 57 ft

30th Columbia Deep 91 ft
Punta Tunich 53 ft

Two AZ divers!

AevnsGrandpa:
Are you guys OW or AOW? I'd love to get down there sometime and didn't know if there was an advantage of being AOW prior to going.

Glad you had a great time...Now if I can just find some $$

Jeff

azsilver:
We loved the wonderful breakfast buffet with a great variety of food (a large variety of fresh fruit, yogurt, sweat rolls...

Yum, gotta love them sweat rolls... ;^)

Glad you had a good trip; ours (5/12-24) was wonderful, too. Back just 3 days and I'm already jonesing for a Leon Negra.

ggunn:
Yum, gotta love them sweat rolls... ;^)

Glad you had a good trip; ours (5/12-24) was wonderful, too. Back just 3 days and I'm already jonesing for a Leon Negra.

Glad you had a Great trip too...It is hard to Return to the REAL WORLD after being in Cozumel. But Here I am planning our next trip.

AZ Divers.

azsilver:
Glad you had a Great trip too...It is hard to Return to the REAL WORLD after being in Cozumel. But Here I am planning our next trip.

AZ Divers.

Whenever I return from a trip to Cozumel, someone invariably stops me in the hall to "welcome me back to the real world". My response is always the same: "Nah, THIS ain't the real world, THAT is."

We started blocking out our dates for next year sitting around a table in La Choza.

ggunn:
Whenever I return from a trip to Cozumel, someone invariably stops me in the hall to "welcome me back to the real world". My response is always the same: "Nah, THIS ain't the real world, THAT is."

We started blocking out our dates for next year sitting around a table in La Choza.

It was our first Trip and we started to talk about our next trip as we were packing for our trip back Home...

AZ Diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom