Great day in the water!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortuga Roja

Reaction score
Man am I glad I went out today :54:

You left coasters are probably used to seals but seeing a Hawaiian Monk Seal here is about as rare as a whaleshark. I went out with a friend today and saw a big one. First one I have ever seen in the water.

I decided to name him Thelonious.

2nd dive, we saw a manta. Whatta day!

CRW_7462.jpg

CRW_7464.jpg

CRW_7485.jpg

CRW_7483.jpg

I'd say you had an "excellent" day instead of a great day. In 10 years here I have never encountered a Monk Seal.

Have you thought about sending that seal pic to the Maui News? After all, it came to check you out, you didn't go to it, so no laws broken.

Great photos as well as the experience.

Incredible dive! Great photos. Back in September there was a Monk Seal seen around Kona, maybe this one is on a cruise around Hawaii

Tortuga Roja:
Man am I glad I went out today :54:

You left coasters are probably used to seals but seeing a Hawaiian Monk Seal here is about as rare as a whaleshark. I went out with a friend today and saw a big one. First one I have ever seen in the water.

I decided to name him Thelonious.

2nd dive, we saw a manta. Whatta day!

They are some great pictures.. Thanks

very nice Red Turtle...

lucky you

Wow Tortuga....Your name fits him! Great shots!
Did you buy any lottery tickets? :D

yeah Thelonius is a great name for a monk seal

(and a great pun)

Dee:
Wow Tortuga....Your name fits him! Great shots!
Did you buy any lottery tickets? :D
:17: no lottery in Hawaii.....:17::17::17:

Tortuga Roja:

I'm jealous. I've never seen a monk seal. They used to live in Adriatic sea (Mediterranean Monk Seal) but unfortunately they haven't been seen for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom