Great customer service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shortdivemedic

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just had a positive dealing with Dennis from Sea Life and wanted to let every one know. I may not have a fancy camera that shoots in RAW and the camera and case cost more than my truck ,but what I do have is a company that stands behind their product and even goes that extra step. I flooded my DC1200 a month ago and was stuck here in KSA with no camera,so I took a chance and sent it back to Sea Life after contacting them for a RMA. Not only did they fix the camera and the strobe but when I went to pay for it,Dennis just said NC and sent my camera to my home address. Now that is the kind of service I like and will no doubt buy another Sea Life product when and if that time comes.

Kudos to you and your staff Dennis

Cheers
Michael

Based on that I will take another look at the DC 1400 thanks

I flooded my Mini, yes it's not a big expensive thing, but it does exactly what I want it to do. it was still in warranty by 2 weeks, I sent it back also expecting to pay, because it probably was my fault. Not sure how it happened but it did, anyhow I received a brand spanking new Mini free of charge. It might have cost them a few bucks but they have another customer for life. Its rare to find such awesome customer service.

They really are nice. :thumb:

I flooded my digital strobe. :sad: We'll see if they can help me. Got the RMA already.

Well good luck

Dennis at SeaLife has my stamp of approval! I am so pleased with SeaLife's customer service! I sent my strobe in after contacting him because the on-off switch was loose and wouldn't stay in position and I just received it back -- exactly 1 week and 1 day from when I sent it and not only is it repaired but there was NO CHARGE! Show me any company that stands behind their products like that!!!! I have always had good service with SeaLife and this just reinforced that. I have a DC 600, a DC1200 and now a DC1400 with strobes and video light and I love them all. Great point and shoot cameras for even the most novice of photographers. I took photos last Sunday with my DC1400 and I cannot believe that 'I'...the person who knows zilch about photography, took them....the resolution is awesome and the super macro....I can't recommend it enough. I love SeaLife!

Last edited:
Another +1 vote on the customer service at Sealife
They have always been awesome.

I might add...back a few years ago, I bought a DC500 when it first came out. It 'froze' the second time I took it underwater....I had to surface and take the battery out to get it to shut off. I contacted SeaLife (I believe it was Dennis even back then....) and they sent a patch via download but it happened again. When I contacted SeaLife again, they said to send the camera in, which I did. A short while later, they sent me a NEW camera saying they couldn't fix the problem in mine. I was duly impressed. Unfortunately, I didn't clip the housing all the way shut about a year later and the camera fell out into the rinse bucket, making it a paper weight. But, I was able to send it in when I got my DC1200 for a $50 rebate. They said to send in any prior DC camera, working or not, for the rebate. I was once again, happy with SeaLife's service.

Hi All:
I have posted several times of their A-1 service. It cant be beat in any industry and as a result of have 2 Sealife Cameras and 2 of my friends have bought their cameras. With their customer service what it is I only wish they did auto repair and had a lawn service. Keep up the good work.

Divelvr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom