Great cancun dives!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doghouse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Well, I just got back from our trip to Cancun. It was fantastic!! If you get the chance, I recommend staying at the Royal in Cancun. What a place, everything is top notch the whole way.

Ben at Mayan Aqua Dive (M.A.D.) made a great week even better. For the first day of diving, we had 2 new divers, 1 experianced diver, and myself. (Some experiance, but no ocean experiance.)

Yes, there were 4 people on the dive. Great staff, attentive to what we needed and were doing. I was able to dive my tank, not the watch, so I was able to take my time and learn to use my new camera. The second dive, was the same way, Ben took the time to point out some things We would have missed otherwise. (Sweet Spotted Moray - Thanks)

Well the next day was a blow out. Wind was screaming, and I thougt that was it for me. So I thanked everyone and expected this to be a 2 tank trip. Well I checked my flight times and realized I had made a mistake in the take off time. One quick call to Ben, and he fit me in the next day.

There were a lot of people on the boat the next day, 8 or 10, I cannot remember.
We dove the C58 wreck, and then another reef drift dive. (I know I have the name wrong). 81' down and great vis. only there was a good surge and current running. The wreck was fantastic, and the second reef was loaded with life.

Highlights - A school of baracuda circleing overhead, 3 stingrays resting in the sand, a pair of Eagle Rays hovering next to the wreck, Bar Jacks hunting along the reef, Spotting my first flamingo toungue snail.

A great time that even the scuba widow is talking about returning again soon.
Thanks Ben, and thanks to the members of this board who helped me pack.

Pictures @ Flickr: Photos from a_doghouse

hey doghouse,
was a pleasure, will be great to have you back with us, sooner rather than later i hope!
just for your logbook, the reef dive after the c 58 was "la perdida" "the lost reef", always packed with life because the big shops dont get out that far!
drop me a line about your scuba widows souvenir bags, they re really cool!
dont work too hard!!!

regards john

ben

Sprat, Next trip I will make more notes in my log book so I can give a better writeup. :eyebrow: I know that I will have to save up and pick up a strobe before I go the next time.

Thanks for convincing me to try Ben. It was worth it.

Ben, Thanks for the corrections and don't worry SWMBO is out on another trip. When she gets back I will let you know all the details.

Back
Top Bottom