Great Article...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drizzam

Reaction score
There was a great article that I recommend to everyone in the Sept./Oct. issue of National Geographic Adventure about a father/son Scuba team that died while divind a wrecked U-boat in 250 ft. of water off the coast of NY. If you aren't a subscriber, its worth it to get a copy to see everything that can possibly go wrong happen on a dive. It's tragic and it really made me do a lot of thinking about how ego can affect a dive. The article is titled "The Last Dive".

Are there any comments from people that have read it???

Happy Diving...

Sounds interesting. I'll look for it at Border's this weekend and get back to you with a post.
Thanks! I'm always looking for dive related stories to read and learn from.
Hopefully the sad way they had to lose their lives, will be a lesson to us all.

Thanks for the tip drizzam,

I will see if we can't possible do a story on it ourself and see if we can get some interviews on it, sounds very interesting!

=-)

drizzam,

I wanted to follow up with you on that article ...

I got ahold of the issue you mentioned and couldn't find that article, do you still have a copy?

=-)

The same event is the focus of the book "the Last Dive" by Bernie Chowdhury. Strongly recommended book for those with interest in diving. Not typical of the type of diving most of us do, but useful lessons can still be learned from the tragedy.
Jophn Reinertson

Thanks Mario. That was very nice of you to send the link. I did go there and saved it. If I can't get it from the local library I just might splurge and buy it.
By the way, how do I put those smiling faces in your letters, in all the lines of posts? Is it magic or can any 'normal' diver do it?

Natasha,
Scroll down to the bottom of this page, you will see a link called 'smilies' underlined in blue text. If you click on that, it will give you all the codes to be able to insert :)'s whereever you wish.

Mario :D

Hey King Neptune,

I do still have that magazine...did you pick up the issue with the Whale Shark on the cover? I also have a copy of the PBS special they had about this same sub and the divers that died on it. It is 2 hours and spectacular as far as documentaries go!!! Let me know if we can arrange something...

(6 more days to Bahamas Diving!!! Woo Hoo!!!)

Dive Safe!
Drizzam

Back
Top Bottom