Grays Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrea31419

Reaction score
Below are a couple of photos I took at Grays Reef off of the Georgia Coast. I used manual settings and manual white balance on these. My aperature was 4.0 with ss I believe was 1/20.

First Image of the shrimp, should I have used a larger aperature for a larger focus area? See how it's not sharp around the edges. I using a WAL, don't know if that would make a difference or not. No strobe was used.

GraysReef013.sized.gif

The second is a ledge shot that I like. I boosted levels, saturation and constrast just a smidge.

GraysReef030.sized.gif

Any suggestions?

TIA

Andrea

Hey Andrea, I don't have any suggestions as I am just a new inspiring photography myself. Though I can tell you that the subject of the first pic is an arrow crab, and not a shrimp. Gray's reef looks great, maybe one day I'll be able to get out that way.

Matt

You know I didn't think that was a shrimp, but they said it was. Thanks for the info. When you're ready to head for the reef, let us know..there are several of us in the Dixie Forum under "Clubs"

A.

Pics are rather noisy, might wanna bump the ISO numbers down. I generally run the lowest possible. If you want to increase the DOF, raising the aperature will do it.

Cool pictures regardless :)

SuPrBuGmAn:
Pics are rather noisy, might wanna bump the ISO numbers down. I generally run the lowest possible. If you want to increase the DOF, raising the aperature will do it.

Cool pictures regardless :)

That's what I needed, thanks! I did use an ISO of 200..which I thought may make them noisy. Thanks for the input.

A.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom