Gratitude - Thank you SB!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GearHead

Contributor
Reaction score
A few years ago, I was in the market for "a new BC" and like many divers started searching the web for what was out there. Well, that search led me to ScubaBoard, and that discovery led to MANY hours scouring historical posts full of thoughts and recommendations on BC's and other diving issues. What I found particularly interesting was all of the recommendations to try a simple setup that I'd NEVER heard of called a "Backplate and Wing".

Well, a couple of years later, I'm still happily diving my BP/Wing, and in the last couple of months, I've started diving a double E8-130s configuration with an Oxycheq 50 wing. Suffice it to say that I could have wasted a LOT more time and money getting something else in the interim, but the truth is that I love my BP/Wing for both singles and doubles diving.

Thank goodness I listened to the patient divers on this board who went out of their way to help a newbie. In particular, I'd like to thank Uncle Pug, NortheastWrecks, WreckWriter, MechDiver, DaveDalton, O-Ring, and MikeFerrara for their advice and insight.

To think, I was this close to being a Zeagle->eBay->BP/Wings guy! :D

BTW, I'm seriously considering ditching my single tanks and diving my doubles exclusively for shorediving and most boat diving at this point. I can see myself using my single setup for dive charters (with rented AL80s), but not much else.

Thanks again, guys.

GearHead once bubbled...
In particular, I'd like to thank Uncle Pug, NortheastWrecks, WreckWriter, MechDiver, DaveDalton, O-Ring, and MikeFerrara for their advice and insight.
I'm sure you meant to say "and Scubaroo for teeing me up a great deal on the OxyCheq wing" :rolleyes:

Just yanking ya chain :D

Can someone please change the thread title to:
"Gratitude - Thank you SB! (minus DiverBuoy)" :wink:

Well, you may call it butt-kissing PADI-Boy, but I call it gratitude, because I'm sincerely grateful.

And, Ben, I was composing a separate post just to thank you and praise the amazing Oxycheq Doubles wing but . . . :rolleyes:

Just yankin back, thanks dude! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom