Grapevine Lake dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryanh1985

Contributor
Reaction score
Had a chance to check this lake out today. A friend was moving away, so we had a going away party for her on the lake. So naturally being a swamp diver I took the chance to make a little boat dive. :D Did just one dive, vis was a lot better than I thought it would be, probebly around 4-6 feet, getting worse as you go towards the bottom. Saw lots of really big catfish, also saw a few turtles. Max depth was 36 feet. All in all it was a pretty fun dive. Main reason for diving out their was to check out my new salvo reg. which breathed amazingly. It also marked dive 50 for me.:dork2:

Well, hah, imagine that 4 to 6 feet at Grapevine. Thanks for posting that. Pretty cool turtles and fish out there. Who would have thunk it. Glad to see you got dive number 50. Congratulations!:yelclap:

Congrats Ryan!!

I've always been interested in that lake since I used to live right by it, but when I saw the diapers washed up on shore and all the drunk boaters zipping all over I kind of lost interest.

50! congrats....hope to dive with ya someday

Well, hah, imagine that 4 to 6 feet at Grapevine. Thanks for posting that. Pretty cool turtles and fish out there. Who would have thunk it. Glad to see you got dive number 50. Congratulations!:yelclap:

Thats what I thought, vis was better than some of the diving lakes I have been in at times.

Thanks to everyone, maybe Ill have to make dive 100 in the trinity. You know kind of try and top the 50th dive. :). Trout, any time, Im trying to dive as much as possible.

I would have never believed Grapevine had that kind of vis. Impressive...

Congratulations on your 50th dive! :D

Good for you on 50 dives! Rhonda has one more to go and she will be joining you.

And also good for you for trying out new diving spots. Before long, the swampers will have a report on every body of water in North Texas and Southern Oklahoma. We should start a database or something and get the reports all in one place.

You are always welcome to dive with Rhonda and I. We try to go whenever we can. We hit lake Murray quite a bit, Cssp of course, and after this weekend, I might have Rhonda hooked on going up to Texoma. We're off to Travis in a couple of weeks for her AOW. If we stay out of the water too long, we feel like we are shriveling up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom